What to expect from "home order stay"

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 03:45 AM
Gold member
Default What to expect from "home order stay"

Our sales rep has told us to expect our design meeting to be in late Nov.

I asked about booking a lifestyle visit for the time we will need to be there and was told that it would be a "home order stay" and it would be scheduled for us when the design meetings are set. She said to expect part of 3 days for the design meetings.

We have spent a lot of time going over details of our future home and have built several other homes, so we don't expect the design meeting to be too time consuming.

Have any of you had a "home order stay"?

We are hoping to have free time to play some golf and explore a bit more.

Will they include a golf cart for our use while there, like the "Lifestyle Visit"?

What is the nightly fee?

Any perks, like free golf, movie, etc as in the "Lifestyle Visit"?

I used the "search" feature here, but didn't see anything about a "home order stay".

If any of you can fill in the blanks, we would appreciate it!
TIA!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Sage

Probably should get it from the "horse's mouth". Call you agent.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Platinum member

We did it. What time we were not in the design meeting was free time for us to do as we pleased.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Gold member

We did it also. It was just like a Life Style visit. We saw no difference in price etc. When you are not in the design meeting you are free to do whatever, but be forewarned that meeting is intense because of all the decisions you have to make. Right down to the door knobs.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Location: Elmont (LI) NY, Cornwall, NY, Fernandina The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Our sales rep has told us to expect our design meeting to be in late Nov.

I asked about booking a lifestyle visit for the time we will need to be there and was told that it would be a "home order stay" and it would be scheduled for us when the design meetings are set. She said to expect part of 3 days for the design meetings.

We have spent a lot of time going over details of our future home and have built several other homes, so we don't expect the design meeting to be too time consuming.

Have any of you had a "home order stay"?

We are hoping to have free time to play some golf and explore a bit more.

Will they include a golf cart for our use while there, like the "Lifestyle Visit"?

What is the nightly fee?

Any perks, like free golf, movie, etc as in the "Lifestyle Visit"?

I used the "search" feature here, but didn't see anything about a "home order stay".

If any of you can fill in the blanks, we would appreciate it!
TIA!
We did our Design Meeting last Oct. We finished it in 1 day and spent a small part of 1 day going over all our choices and signing the contract. We stayed in Creekside Landing where we had stayed on our Lifestyle visit a year earlier. I think the Lifestyle viilas are near Brownwood now. We pid $75.00 a night and we did have a golf cart. Good Luck!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 AM

I called my agent. She stated that the "Home order Stay" is just that. You have already purchased your lot & are there to order your home. The lifestyle stay in November is $125.00 per nite while the HO stay is a 4-7 nite stay @ $75.00 per nite, golf cart included, no other freebies because you may not have free time during the day. If you want to be able to golf, ect. you might look at renting a villa. Most rentals are by the month, however some, like mine, rent during the off season by the week( just a little promo there). In any case, my realtor advises that we should look for the "Lifestyle" stays to be elinanated in the near future. I wish you luck and can tell you, you will love the villages. If I can be of further help or assistance, please contact me @ carter2339@comcast.net. Chuck
Old 07-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

my my how times have changed. We did ours in October 2003, stayed at the 2 story town homes adjacent to Spanish Springs....$25 per night PLUS they gave us Village Bucks worth $100 to spend in Spanish Springs.

Back then we even had to pick out hinges type/color, etc. We did a lot of expanding of the design as well as moving walls so we used the entire three days.

Wow have 10 years gone by already......truly having so much fun that time flies!!

Good luck

btk
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Veteran member

We did such a stay last July. Had little free time. Worst part was finding an open restaurant at 2145 when we finished one night. Takes a long time.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Gold member

Thanks for all the info!
My husband was a builder and I designed several of the homes we built for ourselves.

I truly think we will sail through the design meeting.

We are downsizing greatly and are including the only single stretch that our lot allows, No other construction changes. I know our cabinets, granite, tile choices etc, I think our decisions on light fixtures and trim accessories will be short and sweet.

We are combining this design stay with a visit to my 88 yr old Mom in Clearwater for Thanksgiving, so we can not stay and play any extra days. That will have to wait until our closing!

Thanks so much for the input!! (as always, such a great group on this forum!!)
Old 07-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Gold member

duplicate

Last edited by dotti105; 11-20-2013 at 04:47 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 07-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Sage

btw if no one mentioned it, several have complained here of no internet access.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 AM

It is certainly possible to complete the design meeting in a short time with all of the right circumstances. We were fortunate to be able to spend the two weeks prior to ours at my sister's place. This let us decide on all of the outside items and go to numerous open houses to look at inside options prior to our meeting. This preparation coupled with a great designer allowed us to complete the design meeting in about 5 hours on day one ( including the trip to the granite yard ). We then reviewed, finalized and signed the contract in less than two hours the second day.

Now we are counting down the days until we close and move in the first week of August.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.