VCCDD proposes purchasing old El Santiago restaurant building

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Gold member
Cool Return the Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
Us folks who live around this place wish it would go back to being a restaurant and bar. Imagine coming off the course and sitting on the beautiful back deck to tip a few beers. We don't need more pool tables when there are so many around. This place was a great meeting place and fun place to be. They keep closing all the good places like Chula Vista (remember that restaurant?) Silver Lake (remember that restaurant?) Now Orange Blossom is closed (remodeling they say) Make El Santiago into a restaurant/grill again!!!
I have very reliable information that the existing Santiago Restaurant building has a severe mold issue and possible termites. I have been tolt hte mold problem is so severe that the building probably cannot be salvaged. There is a reason why the windows have all been boarded up.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Any time the developer wants to make a deal with the residents, hold onto your wallet. Who doesn't remember the deal the residents got back in the early 2000's when we paid the developer nine times what it cost him to build several facilities...nine times.
You are completely wrong. The IRS said that we didn't pay enough.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

There were actually brand new windows put in that buidling a few weeks ago. Possibly if there was mold it was addressed then. It would be nice to have anything there, it is a good sized building in a nice location.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Yes a reasonable profit, but this is similiar to why we usury laws. These laws were established to keep anyone or any facility from charging outragous interest. If I am not mistaken the developer selling the VCCD facilities such as the Savannah Center is why the IRS issue is before us at this time. The IRS has declared that the bonds issued to make such purchases are not in fact tax exempt.
That is not my understanding of the issue.

I think a lot of people come on this forum and say nine times this or that and throw glittering generalities and unverified information around just to put down the developer.

I don't know any of the developers or their families but I didn't fall off the turnip truck and all I can see is a well run organization for very little amenity fee.

I think a lot of the nastiness is just class envy.

But I could be wrong. Old Gary could be sly as a fox and mean as a snake. But he sure as heck knows how to build pretty stuff for old people.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is not my understanding of the issue.

I think a lot of people come on this forum and say nine times this or that and throw glittering generalities and unverified information around just to put down the developer.

I don't know any of the developers or their families but I didn't fall off the turnip truck and all I can see is a well run organization for very little amenity fee.

I think a lot of the nastiness is just class envy.

But I could be wrong. Old Gary could be sly as a fox and mean as a snake. But he sure as heck knows how to build pretty stuff for old people.
I totally agree with you. And if they make a good profit, good for them. For what we have here, they deserve it !! I love what they have built for us. Livin' the dream !!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.