VHA HoeDown

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Sage
Default VHA HoeDown

The VHA held an event at the Polo Fields today. It was really well done, and the entertainment covered all age groups - kids to Villagers. I hope it becomes an annual event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Sage

I was lucky to be able to work this event. I also hope it continues.

Even when the rain came... people didn't want to leave and stayed standing under the pavilion to enjoy the music!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:01 PM

I thought it was a hoot! Great authentic costumes, fun skits, "shoot em up" action....a little Florida history of being the first "Wild West"! A fun day!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Why some men don't

properly salute the flag when the National Anthem is played/sung. It was very noticeable, especially with so many veterans in the Villages.?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
properly salute the flag when the National Anthem is played/sung. It was very noticeable, especially with so many veterans in the Villages.?
How do you identify veterans not saluting?
Old 02-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How do you identify veterans not saluting?
Probably by the hat they are wearing. Perhaps I should have made it clearer and made it ALL men.Geesh!!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-22-2017, 10:30 PM

Saluting the flag isn't a veteran RULE. Its something they can do. With 31 years, I prefer to put my hand over my heart and like in a church I always remove a hat. So you don't think I am full of BS... the law

Section 301(b)(1) of title 36, United States Code, is amended by striking subparagraphs (A) through (C) and inserting the following new subparagraphs:
``(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
``(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
``(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;
Old 02-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Saluting the flag isn't a veteran RULE. Its something they can do. With 31 years, I prefer to put my hand over my heart and like in a church I always remove a hat. So you don't think I am full of BS... the law

Section 301(b)(1) of title 36, United States Code, is amended by striking subparagraphs (A) through (C) and inserting the following new subparagraphs:

``(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

``(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

``(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;

Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
vha, event, kids, hope, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.