Village Airport Van

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Gold member

It's a good first step, however, a lot of the riding around picking up more fares has been just within TV and south of 466. With massive the size of TV and slow speed limits, I've ridden around for a half hour before exiting TV, just going between Amelia, Hadley and then Buttonwood's farthest west corners.

There should be a couple of group pickup locations, i.e. at a rec center or two, where those who can get there can be picked up all at once, after the people who need at-the-door pickup have boarded.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Express Service

I am a frequent passenger using Village Airport Van. I have used The Villages Shuttle and I would recommend Village Airport Van over TV Shuttle. I especially like the door-to-door service.

I was also confused by the ad stating express service with "limited stops". I contacted them and this was the reply:

"Express service is that the people in The Villages will be routed and picked up with maybe one stop at The Days Inn at Hwy 27 and the turnpike so you will not have to go to many different communities in Leesburg area. It is to expedite the travel time for all"

(My name is Karen)
Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Thanks for following up with VAV, swimdawg! I think I'll stick with the private car concept for our friends. I guess I just have a different concept of express.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:23 PM

Curious as to why so many people find using the vans & buses to the airport more convenient than taking their car? If we fly out we just take our car and park it. Never had any problem with leaving the car and we don't have to wait for buses to make multiple stops on the way to or from. We would never consider taking either the van or the bus. What do you find are the best reasons for NOT driving yourself?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,929 Times in 2,454 Posts

I like the Villages Airport shuttle. You know the hours and the times they run. IMO I like to support scheduled service. If not service will eventually be cut or lost.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron122049 View Post
I have used the Villages Airport shuttle on several occasions and it works great for me. HOWEVER, I live near Brownwood and usually get picked up last and dropped off first due to my closeness to Hwy. 44. I can understand why folks who live farther north might feel as stated in the above posts. Perhaps it's time for the The Village Shuttle folks to consider separate routes for the north and south sides to make the service more user friendly. I think it's a great service otherwise and will continue to support them!
I agree completely w your entire post.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 AM

Who is the best company to use to get to the Sanford airport? Any suggestions on cost and company would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Moser View Post
I like the Villages Airport shuttle. You know the hours and the times they run. IMO I like to support scheduled service. If not service will eventually be cut or lost.
I spoke to this earlier this week but no one commented. The Shuttle (Village
Transportation out of Lake Sumter)has been bought and my understanding from one of the drivers is that the schedule will be changed to have fewer departures and arrivals. There will no longer be the smaller buses so they need to fill the bigger equipment ergo fewer trips. I don't know when the change will occur but it will definitely affect traveling decisions.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Called the Airport Shuttle at Lake Sumter to reserve three trips to the airport. The conversation was that they were sold and payment was due up front (there is a cancellation policy). The schedule was the same, but I did not ask for how long. A confirmation was sent to my email. BTW, I thought all the rides to the airport were the buses.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:05 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottaVillager View Post
Curious as to why so many people find using the vans & buses to the airport more convenient than taking their car? If we fly out we just take our car and park it. Never had any problem with leaving the car and we don't have to wait for buses to make multiple stops on the way to or from. We would never consider taking either the van or the bus. What do you find are the best reasons for NOT driving yourself?
1] you have surrendered your driver's license
2] you no longer own a car
3] you are using the service for guest transportation

Old 08-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

4] you don't want to leave your car parked at the airport for 2 months
Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 AM

NottaVillager - Airport is hady when Spouse stays home to work needs car or spouse not able to drive.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

NottaVillager......cost of airport parking, tolls and gas. For a single, van is a good deal. When it's a couple or family coming to visit, we go and get them.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:54 PM

So how does this work? I understand that they pick you up at your home but then does the shuttle stop at the different terminals/airlines?

How about getting back home? Where do you meet the shuttle?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottaVillager View Post
We do mostly very long flights. Coming home to Orlando or Tampa, grabbing luggage, and then facing an hour to hour and a half drive is just too much for us. Sometimes our total travel time exceeds 24 hours. It has been known to reach 30 hours. Frequently we don't get land till 8:30-10:00 pm. It's just too much.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.