» Advertisements
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 02:49 PM

Morse wants to develop the Village of Fruitland Park.
Fruitland Park wanted to have use of our Rec Centers and Morse said it is not going to happen. Fruitland Park now wants Morse to build them a rec center.

If it is a go it will be a double edged sword for Fruitland Park.

1. They will be under our control in the fact that we will have a voting majority with us out numbering the people living in Fruitland Park.

2. The other side is that they will loose millions of dollars in taxes, if they do not let us build. Those are their trade offs as I see it.

I think Morse will build them their own rec center and say "Here it is, you staff it and take care of it we are done with it." This is only my guess.

Snookie

Old 09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie View Post
Fruitland Park wanted to have use of our Rec Centers and Morse said it is not going to happen. Fruitland Park now wants Morse to build them a rec center.

If it is a go it will be a double edged sword for Fruitland Park.

1. They will be under our control in the fact that we will have a voting majority with us out numbering the people living in Fruitland Park.

2. The other side is that they will loose millions of dollars in taxes, if they do not let us build. Those are their trade offs as I see it.

I think Morse will build them their own rec center and say "Here it is, you staff it and take care of it we are done with it." This is only my guess.

Snookie

We will see. I say he will not have to build them a rec center and they will let him buy and develop the land on his terms.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Place your bets.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Platinum member

I'm betting on TV.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Veteran member

but are they serving refreshments?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
snipped
snookie - did you read this on-line somewhere - if so, is it still on-line to read. it fascinates me! thanx
Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Personally, I think this is rumor and hearsay.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Sage

One of the first meetings with Fruitland Park was covered by the online paper The ************** during the wall fiasco. The story seemed to connect the wall with this meeting.

I am guessing the precedent of golf cart accessibility of other folks from Lake County. Fruitland Park is in Lake County too.

I don't think the story made the connection, I may have, just thinking....

What worries me...is that this may be the last set of homes to be built here.

I feel in my bones the Morse bunch cares what happens to the building crews and all of the people employed in the support areas of this business.

I am wondering if they will start another town for seniors somewhere else in Florida...or maybe Texas?

THIS IS A RUMOR STARTED BY ME.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

thanx for the memory jog, gracie.

i recall the 8/12 villages news article that stated, 'For sure, a deal breaker appears to be a golf cart path along County Road 466A that would allow Fruitland Park residents to travel by golf cart to Publix at Colony Plaza Shopping Center.'

but i do not recall reading anything further about allowing access to villages rec centers or building a rec center for f.p. residents. i, too, fear that such info is a rumor [spun out of control] as champion6 posted.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What worries me...is that this may be the last set of homes to be built here.
Well, TV already owns 613 acres immediately south of the proposed Fruitland Park development. So there is the possibility of about 2,000 more homes in addition to the about 2,000 in Fruitland Park.
Closed Thread