Village of Fruitland Park

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie View Post
Morse wants to develop the Village of Fruitland Park.
Fruitland Park wanted to have use of our Rec Centers and Morse said it is not going to happen. Fruitland Park now wants Morse to build them a rec center.
snipped
snookie - did you read this on-line somewhere - if so, is it still on-line to read. it fascinates me! thanx

Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie View Post
Fruitland Park wanted to have use of our Rec Centers and Morse said it is not going to happen. Fruitland Park now wants Morse to build them a rec center.
Personally, I think this is rumor and hearsay.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

One of the first meetings with Fruitland Park was covered by the online paper The ************** during the wall fiasco. The story seemed to connect the wall with this meeting.

I am guessing the precedent of golf cart accessibility of other folks from Lake County. Fruitland Park is in Lake County too.

I don't think the story made the connection, I may have, just thinking....

What worries me...is that this may be the last set of homes to be built here.

I feel in my bones the Morse bunch cares what happens to the building crews and all of the people employed in the support areas of this business.

I am wondering if they will start another town for seniors somewhere else in Florida...or maybe Texas?

THIS IS A RUMOR STARTED BY ME.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

thanx for the memory jog, gracie.

i recall the 8/12 villages news article that stated, 'For sure, a deal breaker appears to be a golf cart path along County Road 466A that would allow Fruitland Park residents to travel by golf cart to Publix at Colony Plaza Shopping Center.'

but i do not recall reading anything further about allowing access to villages rec centers or building a rec center for f.p. residents. i, too, fear that such info is a rumor [spun out of control] as champion6 posted.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What worries me...is that this may be the last set of homes to be built here.
Well, TV already owns 613 acres immediately south of the proposed Fruitland Park development. So there is the possibility of about 2,000 more homes in addition to the about 2,000 in Fruitland Park.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 PM

Am I correct in my understanding that the proposed Village of Fruitland Park is another Village in addition to all the Villages in existence currently? It is just located in the city of Fruitland Park? It would be part of the Villages developed by Morse with all the typical amenities, i.e. pool, rec center etc?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
Am I correct in my understanding that the proposed Village of Fruitland Park is another Village in addition to all the Villages in existence currently? It is just located in the city of Fruitland Park? It would be part of the Villages developed by Morse with all the typical amenities, i.e. pool, rec center etc?

Just another village, adjacent to Hadley.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Sage

If it's just another village and adjacent to a current village why no golf cart access? What about access to other villages amenities?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Sage

The access refered to is for carts from fruitland park by non-villages residents.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Sage

Gracie - I vote for your Texas rumor!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Well, TV already owns 613 acres immediately south of the proposed Fruitland Park development. So there is the possibility of about 2,000 more homes in addition to the about 2,000 in Fruitland Park.
Confused as to direction, Champion6, but know you are reliable, I THOUGHT they had acquired more land..but thought it to be south of 466A? as you said. I thought all of this had to do with a dairy farm on the north side of 466A and east of The Villages area.

Unconfuse me someone.

(Sweetie thinks that would be impossible)

Has anyone read the story in **************? I will go look. Meta Minton covers those meetings.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
TV residents would have no standing in the meeting.
Only if they took all the seat and left the others standing...

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Only if they took all the seat and left the others standing...
I can't see how attending that meeting would be a benefit to anyone other than the folks negotiating to build or the ones who have the power to let them build.

We who live here know what a good place this is. I don't know where the potential taxes would go, to the county? Would Fruitland park potentially get a share of the property taxes? In the areas of The Villages that are inside the Lady Lake area, how does that work? Do you pay taxes to the county and to the municipality of Lady Lake?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 AM

The rumor I heard is that TV is going to build a school for Fruitland Park, not a rec center. I guess time will tell what is rumor and what is true.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsgypsylady View Post
The rumor I heard is that TV is going to build a school for Fruitland Park, not a rec center. I guess time will tell what is rumor and what is true.

I doubt that too. Unless the share of taxes they get would be used for building a school. If they get taxes directly instead of the county.

When Morse built the Charter Schools he was doing it with a business eye, knowing that reliable workers would be attracted to a good school for their children. Who knows, he may have the softest heart, but he is a very good business man and good business runs on margins.

If you build a school to get property, than the cost of the school will be added to the cost of the property and that will be passed on to the buyer. His model keeps the price fairly even and pretty much similar to market increases elsewhere.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.