Making Friends in TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Making Friends in TV

That's what it's all about..... the Lifestyle.... Making Friends ! I'm talking about real life friends, people you do things with, socialize, interact, share life with!!

HOW have you made your friends in TV? Was it through TOTV? Was it through some club participation? Was it through an introduction from another friend? At the town squares? Dances ?

Can you share your friend stories ?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
rekop

Good question, Coney Babe..I've met friends thru shared activites and interests such as golf, pickleball, political clubs, book clubs, etc. We've met other couples via the same route - clubs, golf, playing cards, having a drink, etc. There are a lot of new people here who are in the same boat, looking to meet other people, so its been fairly easy, and I tend to be on the shy side.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Sage

My wife recently made friends with a lady from West, by God, Virginia while buying closet organizers in Lowe's on 441! They now call each other weekly - and we're back in Norcal.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-31-2008, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

Most of us West Virginians are a lovable bunch
Old 10-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Smile

I think this is one of the few places where I can live alone without my husband (HE IS STILL WORKING) because the people are so friendly. Everyone I meet is friendly. My closest friends happen to be neighbors, people I volunteer with, and a few from this website. The good news is -if you do find someone who is not nice...you don't have to have anything to do with them as this is a big place.
Our neighborhood and Village is known for being very close. We have parties about once a week. I just love my neighborhood.
I stay in touch with my closest friends all year around. The secret is to pick people you find yourself comfortable with....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.