The Villages FINAL Phase!?

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Default The Villages FINAL Phase!?

Check out thevillages.com - it says that Pine Ridge (Fruitland Park) construction is the FINAL phase of new homes in TV. Doesn't say anything about the two parcels just south of CR 42. We know that the Wildwood project is dead since The Villages withdrew the offer to Wildwood. What do you think?
Old 05-21-2015, 09:18 PM
Default For now, final phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdonze View Post
Check out thevillages.com - it says that Pine Ridge (Fruitland Park) construction is the FINAL phase of new homes in TV. Doesn't say anything about the two parcels just south of CR 42. We know that the Wildwood project is dead since The Villages withdrew the offer to Wildwood. What do you think?
Why would someone turn off the tap on continued cash flow? Although the whole family is set financially (I suspect). They all work in the "business" and do a great job keeping our place operational and running smoothly. They have lots more to accomplish to keep the family ethic intact.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gturay View Post
Why would someone turn off the tap on continued cash flow? Although the whole family is set financially (I suspect). They all work in the "business" and do a great job keeping our place operational and running smoothly. They have lots more to accomplish to keep the family ethic intact.
I suspect this might be the final phase of this concept, I hope they develop a strong Commercial presence along 44. They could get back into "residential" in a different concept, family housing, condo's if they could acquire the necessary land. Didn't they just do that across 301? We will never know until they announce it, but it is interesting to speculate.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

A past thread;
The Villages: What is the right size?
Old 05-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That thread was done in 2013. If you didn't notice the date you would think it was written yesterday.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Last week a MLS realtor told me (with a straight face) that the Developer has purchased 32,000 acres south of 44. Really? This person was so serious that I just shook my head and went on about my business.

The rumors regarding future development just keep coming and get bigger and bigger.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:23 PM

None of what a Villages salesman told me 3 years ago about the final build-out turned out to be true. I suspect such talk is a tactic aimed at making prospects think they'd better buy now. I won't be at all surprised if next year, or 5 years from now, they announce they will build new Villages in the mostly pasture land north of 466 between Buena Vista and Morse.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:52 AM
Sage

A lot of that "pasture land" is the Morses' private compound.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-22-2015, 05:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdonze View Post
The report of the Wildwood project's death has been greatly exaggerated.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
None of what a Villages salesman told me 3 years ago about the final build-out turned out to be true. I suspect such talk is a tactic aimed at making prospects think they'd better buy now. I won't be at all surprised if next year, or 5 years from now, they announce they will build new Villages in the mostly pasture land north of 466 between Buena Vista and Morse.
I agree. Clearly a sales tactic. Buy now before the Villages is sold out. Right. Hopefully most people can see through that.

IMHO, the problem with continued development is the highway infrastructure. Buena Vista and Morse, for example, the two main arteries in The Villages now have over twice the amount of year round traffic that they did 6 or 7 years ago. And in the high season, the traffic is only worse. The same goes for the highways outside The Villages, like Rt. 466. The tie-ups on 466 were constant during the high season. Most of the time traffic was going below the speed limit, a clear sign of too many cars for the design of the highway. Looking at The Villages overall, you have double the amount of autos and golf carts in a roadway footprint that hasn't changed in years, other than being more spread out. And due to the increased size/spread of The Villages, golf cart travel is not as convenient as it used to be. Imagine living up near Brownwood, and taking your golf cart to a doctor's office near Mulberry, or playing golf at Lopez. Certainly much more time consuming, by the time you go through all the tunnels and gate switchbacks. It used to be we'd endure the high season, knowing that the traffic would subside in April, but here its nearing June and there is much more traffic than there used to be, because there are twice the number of full-time residents than there were a few years ago. I know certain people will argue with this, and gush as they always do about how this place is so perfect, but having listened to many Villagers discussing this growth issue, I haven't heard one person say how how happy they are that The Villages has doubled in size since they purchased their home.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage

The final town square will be a little north of St.Pete
Old 05-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Platinum member

Final phase? Don't kid yourself. That's marketing. As long as there is gold in the shaft, the developer will continue to mine it. And more power to them! I don't care how big it gets as long as the amenities and infrastructure are built along with it to keep up with the residential growth. So far I think it has.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If the developer says this is the final phase, then IT'S THE FINAL PHASE! The villages is a beautiful place, and the developer has done a great job building and maintaining this place. But to think the developer is completely forthright is laughable.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Cher's fair well tour took about 5 years
Old 05-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Final phase? Don't kid yourself. That's marketing. As long as there is gold in the shaft, the developer will continue to mine it. And more power to them! I don't care how big it gets as long as the amenities and infrastructure are built along with it to keep up with the residential growth. So far I think it has.
What he said.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.