The Villages Hometown Management "Rentals" are a racket

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwscp@aol.com View Post
Who should I list my house with? I am buying a house and need to rent it out unfurnished. I want an agent that will take care of it since I live out of state.
Quote:
I am a new owner that needs to rent out my house (unfurnished) in Liberty Park. Who would you suggest?
Quote:
I need advice on what real estate agent to use. I am not in Florida, so I need someone that can help the renters if something comes up. Do you have any suggestions?
Quote:
Who do you use to rent your house out? I need to hire someone.
Sharon
We moved to TV last December and rented an unfurnished house while we decided what and where to buy. We rented from Tom Jones at JD&V Property Management. He has been excellent to work with and very responsive when something needed to be repaired. He is a licensed real estate agent and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a property manager. Their office number is 352-430-1484 or 800-765-9611. Their web site is thevillagesforrentbyowner dot com.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

For those that are furnished, check out ****, Vacation Rentals By Owner. Good outfit. Haven't used them as an owner, but have used them as a renter. They offer property nationwide and worldwide.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:38 AM

It does not surprise me , as you said if it walks like a duck and looks like a duck , it is a duck. do not expect any help from TV .
Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees View Post
For those that are furnished, check out ****, Vacation Rentals By Owner. Good outfit. Haven't used them as an owner, but have used them as a renter. They offer property nationwide and worldwide.
We have used **** as a owner and a renter, so far so good!!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

this is the latest scam that is going on with landlords not just these folks they will claim damage claim excessive cleaning up the monthly rent that was discounted upfront it is almost a bait and switch tactic they reel you in with a lower than average rent and then claim it on the backend and you have no recourse because they have your security deposit and will deduct it from that take it or leave it it's become a real scam. we had one guy got the electric bill halfway through started complaining about the electric bill being too high, we'd only been there 15 days when he got the bill the other half was from his previous tenants, we kept the air conditioner set on 78, I told him to quit complaining or we would set it down to the point where we had to sit there with coats on! his mommy came over and wanted to see what this thermostat was set on On the spur of the moment without alerting us they were coming needless to say it was set on 78 she apologized, of the antics that her son was putting us through. she did come and inspect and gave us our security deposit on the spot when we left. when ever we rent we demand the inspection as we leave or we will not sign the lease for the secured amount of time. lots of scams going on .......i am very sorry for the long post without punctuation as i use siri app i am un able type due too advance arthritis, i am sorry i am a hassle in someones life, somtimes a person should have to walk in anothers shoes

Last edited by Villageshooter; 05-22-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: do to complaints of person i have in convinced
Old 05-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Sage

The mod may delete this post, and I understand if so. But I'm going to say it anyway, because I honestly mean it to be constructive...

I really like to read the content of some recent posts, but I find it VERY difficult to get the meaning without multiple re-reads due to lack of of punctuation and capitalization, and long, run-on sentences. Take it FWIW.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 05-22-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Gold member

As a landlord for many years but not in The Villages, I could give you many horror stories but I won't because if you cannot accept problems and challenges you should not be in the business. And I suppose it goes the other way around as well.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We moved to TV last December and rented an unfurnished house while we decided what and where to buy. We rented from Tom Jones at JD&V Property Management. He has been excellent to work with and very responsive when something needed to be repaired. He is a licensed real estate agent and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a property manager. Their office number is 352-430-1484 or 800-765-9611. Their web site is thevillagesforrentbyowner dot com.
We used them also. More exactly, Diane Musik in that office. She handled EVERYTHING while I rented for years flawlessly and now that I am moving in myself she is even helping me with some transition projects. She is amazing and worth her weight in gold in my book. Not one complaint and tons of praise for her!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
As a landlord for many years but not in The Villages, I could give you many horror stories but I won't because if you cannot accept problems and challenges you should not be in the business. And I suppose it goes the other way around as well.
the renters here in the villages for the most part are not degerante un-employed welfare sucking people,,,, so i am sure there are stories here however , these are a different class of humans that is not to discredit ur stories but just hope they are different social economic status renting here, however there are dirtbags every where,,,,
Old 05-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Sage

I can't believe I started this thread two years ago and it is still alive.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Gold member

Don't take any crap from the! My sister got ripped off for a security dept renting from a private party and for no good reason. I would not be as kind as she was.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
the renters here in the villages for the most part are not degerante un-employed welfare sucking people,,,, so i am sure there are stories here however , these are a different class of humans
Neither were my renters including a choir lady who drove a Mercedes and was recommended by the Pastor but she was the worse tenant I had. She did pay the rent however, Repairs were more than rent for an entire year. FYI, My rentals were/are not in low income areas but just the opposite. If you can't take the heat then don't do it.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Gold member

I did rent my home here for the first 3 months awaiting the sale of another home. Suffice to say, I would never do it again unless I want my head torn off by my wife. This was a brand new home and it was PARTY TIME for the renters who were supposed to be a couple but wound up as six people.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
The mod may delete this post, and I understand if so. But I'm going to say it anyway, because I honestly mean it to be constructive...

I really like to read the content of some recent posts, but I find it VERY difficult to get the meaning without multiple re-reads due to lack of of punctuation, capitalization, and long, run-on sentences. Take it FWIW.
Sometimes I transfer long posts to a word processing document, make the font bigger, and arbitrarily divide it into paragraphs with a blank line between. Much easier to read.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.