The Villages Hometown Management "Rentals" are a racket

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Sage

Guess you know to go to any other resource. Sure wish we had. Shall we say it put a damper on our TV enthusiasm.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default TV Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Good luck with that
You could start by contacting Janet Tutt. She seems to be reliable and would be able to lead you to the right group of people.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Sage

Who and where is Janet Tutt?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Smile

We rented a CYV in Sabal Chase to overlap time for our closing and time to slowly move in to our new home. Still waiting for the time period to end for release on our deposit. My husband made sure the carpet was clean and we cleaned bathrooms and such to leave the place nicer than we found it... The Service told us none of that was necessary to leave it as a hotel room. So I hope they are honest and fair on the return of our fee as we watched our dogs like hawks and made sure all was well if not better than when we arrived. I had to inform the Service that we found some areas not well kept in the kitchen aka Dirty Silverware and pots/pans.
Sure glad we are home owners now!
Ebsmom
Old 08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
We are staying in one of their rental homes now for a week. I will let you know how it turns out. So far, we could not not be happier with the home (a Bridgeport on the golf course and large pond on Inner Circle in Amelia) or service. Home was spotless on arrival and everything works. Better than expectations.
take pictures of each cabinet and closet, furniture hard to say its not there if you have a picture that is was, or they could say you removed it after picture, but still might be worth it
Old 08-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Actually we believe TV does still have an interest. From our understanding from the hospitality manager at the sales office, TV franchised it to these two guys. What is "Blackhawk"?

Regardless, it is very bad form to have people working off a Villages contract, picking up and returning the keys to The Villages offices and then say it isn't a Village business. Or responsibility. I think that is the part that is the most unexpected part of this disappointing and dismal experience.
Found it :BLACKHAWK UNLIMITED INC. D/B/A The Villages Hometown Property Management

They're the contractor running the villages hometown property management now. Had a friend interview with the office and they don't have any of the job perks aka charter, medical etc that the village jobs have.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Sage

Wow. Thanks so much. It is really unethical for TV to allow them to use their letterhead, have keys picked up and dropped at the sales office so it appears it is a TV owned enterprises. I imagine that is why they are collecting a percentage. Lending their appearance of legitimacy. Very disappointing and very unexpected from what I usually consider TV to be a great company. I wonder if there are other "franchises" that TV is putting out there as "their" businesses.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Gold member

I'm certainly not questioning anyone in this conversation, but playing devil's advocate here, I wonder what TVPM would say about this incident?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Sage

What is TVPM?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
What is TVPM?
Sorry, I meant The Villages Hometown Property Management
Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Sage

That is who we have been talking about. That is who has behaved so poorly. That is who is really Blackhawk d/b/a Villages Hometown Property Management.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
That is who we have been talking about. That is who has behaved so poorly. That is who is really Blackhawk d/b/a Villages Hometown Property Management.
I know, initally I was just abbreviating The Villages Property Management (TVPM) but left out an H for Hometown.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Sage

Oh. Hmmn. I am confused. You said: Wonder what TVPM would say about this incident. They are who we have been talking about throughout the thread. If you look at the original posts, it explains they are fully aware and are behaving very poorly. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Oh. Hmmn. I am confused. You said: Wonder what TVPM would say about this incident. They are who we have been talking about throughout the thread. If you look at the original posts, it explains they are fully aware and are behaving very poorly. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
I probably wasn't clear initally, we've heard just one side of the story here.

I know it won't happen but it would be interesting to hear what they would have to say on the matter.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Sage

Yes it would be interesting to hear what they have to say about all the comments on here. It seems they aren't very well regarded. Wish I had asked questions on totv before we rented Hindsight is 20 20.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.