Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages.net Golf Tee Time system (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-net-golf-tee-time-system-19219/)

dstege 01-02-2009 10:39 AM

Villages.net Golf Tee Time system

I see that Comcast and The Villages.net will sever their contact in June 2009 to allow free access to The Villages.net golf tee time online system for Comcast customers. The Villages.net will charge $8.00 monthly if we want to continue to use the online system, or we can go back to the free telephone system. Considering how cumbersome the telephone sytem is, TV should put the online golf tee time on the Villages.com web site for all to use free of charge. Who can we contact?

chuckster 01-02-2009 01:02 PM

Prior to Comcast taking over Clearlink Cable (the village system), the t-time system access on the web cost me 5.00/month. That was approximately 4 years ago. It never was free as is the phone system. You math whizzes out there can figure the inflation factor over 4 years and see how that equates to 8.00 as of this June.

Bogie Shooter 01-02-2009 01:29 PM

There is another thread on here somewhere that explores this to the nth degree.

golfnut 01-02-2009 08:43 PM

I have had comcast for the last 3 years and thevillages.net which includes the tee time system have been free.

chuckster 01-02-2009 09:48 PM

Prior to Comcast taking over Clearlink (villages) the cost was 5.00/month for the villages.net. After the takeover per agreement there was no charge on our comcast bill for the villages.net and we did not have to pay the 5.00 for villages.net. When we first settled in the villages more than 3 years ago, clearlink was the cable provider.

The Great Fumar 01-02-2009 09:59 PM

There is going to be many changes at villages.net One very strong rumor is that they are going to offer HI SPEED .....This could open up all kinds of possibility's

fumar

zcaveman 01-02-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Fumar (Post 180504)
There is going to be many changes at villages.net One very strong rumor is that they are going to offer HI SPEED .....This could open up all kinds of possibility's

fumar

I sincerely doubt that. The villages.net is a 8am-5pm Monday-Friday service with very poor technical support. There is no way that they could even gear up to being a hi-speed provider. They were doing good pigging back on the Comcast network and that is where they will stay - a dial-up ISP with a charge for the Tee time System. We will pay because it is so much better than the telephone system.

The Great Fumar 01-10-2009 11:30 PM

Caveman
I was given this information by the office staff of VILLAGES.NET when I signed up in November after returning from UP-NORTH...
I asked them when are they going to have HI-SPEED and they replied "that to be patient as it was in the works as we speak" ....They are up to something as they told me they were severing ties with comcast after June 09
Seems funny they would make it up for no reason........ You might want to check it out for yourself...........

Fumar

784caroline 01-11-2009 10:01 AM

Golf Points

When making a reservations under the tee time system, is it better to have players in your 4-some with more or less points????

Bogie Shooter 01-11-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 784caroline (Post 182105)
When making a reservations under the tee time system, is it better to have players in your 4-some with more or less points????

Less points.
But key to the system is to give yourself a wide window of time and more than 5 courses.

golfnut 01-11-2009 10:21 AM

lowest points are assigned tee times first....GN

zcaveman 01-11-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Fumar (Post 182072)
Caveman
I was given this information by the office staff of VILLAGES.NET when I signed up in November after returning from UP-NORTH...
I asked them when are they going to have HI-SPEED and they replied "that to be patient as it was in the works as we speak" ....They are up to something as they told me they were severing ties with comcast after June 09
Seems funny they would make it up for no reason........ You might want to check it out for yourself...........

Fumar

I will do that and get back to you with what I find out.