Villages Taxi Service

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

There are plenty of private drivers in the Villages that do door-to-door airport runs
Old 05-05-2017, 01:44 PM

The villages transportation taxi was becoming so over booked that they now make you schedule it 48 hours in advance. I had to ask specially why all the changes have happened.. Apparently they were over booking and taxi couldn't keep up. I always call ahead and have no problem now! Although the shuttle and taxi drop times changed which i wasn't aware of and we do have a 15 minute wait at the bus stop from time to time. I am a long term customer as well and was very unpleased until speak with management on the issues. I tried signature (who now is out of service) as well as airport van and neither had nearly close to as good customer service as TV shuttle and taxi.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:45 AM

Airport service from The Villages is on point.. perfect. taxi service isn't. It seems to be run by the dispatch guy and if he doesn't like you, well you will wait. Uber is good but if you are in the lower villages is it double the cost. Example, if you go from Brownwood to best Buy its 20$ (or so), but coming back its only 10$ or so. That means more Uber in Sumter and less in lake.

Did I say the airport service to me has only been great and its cheap and comfy.

So, airport thumbs up, taxi, think it over, Uber is good. IMHO
Old 05-15-2017, 01:57 PM

Does anyone know why The Villages Taxi Service is no longer running?
Old 05-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Uber is here in The Villages and been here a while. Just not many drivers.
It is like the chicken and the egg, the more people to use Uber, the more drivers there will be

Tags
taxi, shuttle, late, weeks, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.