Warrenty Dept will not help.....

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2015, 05:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I do think that the Villages cares. Have had two new homes here in last 5 years. in both cases the Warranty Department has been very understanding and promptly responsive. In several cases their service went beyond what would have been expected.
If they cared they would have taken care of the problem. The standing water was near the electrical boxes and they could not have cared less. That is why the whole deal fell through and now the new owner (if it sells) will have some headache when they move in and discover a body of water on their lawn after every rainfall. If I knew how to get pics on this site I'd be happy to post them so everyone could see for yourself why we backed out of deal
Old 06-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

It's true that landscape and irrigation problems have only the first 30 days after closing to be turned into warranty. If the problem is turned into warranty during that timeframe, it has been our Experence that warranty will definitely honor it.

It is possible that during the "dry season", you may not get a hard rain during the time allowed and find that you have a drainage issue. OP, persistence does pay off.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

The drainage issue I had was only after the concrete was poured for the house next door. Prior to that, there was no problem, so it would appear that the building itself caused a shift in the sand (after all, we don't have dirt here) and, finally, the drainage problem. Perhaps that's a cause for a great many problems between houses. Also, as my lawn is getting older, the sand is shifting, and now I've got small mounds and dips, rather than a flat lawn. Oh well, as long as the roof holds out...it could be worse. I try not to call any of the departments of TV for anything, as it's not just Warranty that's unresponsive.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
The drainage issue I had was only after the concrete was poured for the house next door. Prior to that, there was no problem, so it would appear that the building itself caused a shift in the sand (after all, we don't have dirt here) and, finally, the drainage problem. Perhaps that's a cause for a great many problems between houses. Also, as my lawn is getting older, the sand is shifting, and now I've got small mounds and dips, rather than a flat lawn. Oh well, as long as the roof holds out...it could be worse. I try not to call any of the departments of TV for anything, as it's not just Warranty that's unresponsive.
What other departments did you call and why?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

I had a long conversation with the head of the Village Warranty Dept yesterday. He received a letter from me in May but did not respond so I called again and he returned the call. They are going to look at my problem again but as has been said they will first check your watering records to see if you are over watering. At this point he said "with the rain we have had the systems should be turned off". If you have an area with sod "root rot" as I have then they will check to see if after a rain the area is dry within 48 hrs. If so then they will not help and it is your problem. Once again 48 hrs following a rain is the key. They will also check your neighbors property adjacent to yours to see if they are over watering. If you have had landscaping and curbing installed then you have modified the property and this may be causing your problem according to him. If you explain that the problem was occurring before the landscaping was installed (too bad). They only take into consideration what they see at the time they look at it. I will report again after they inspect my property but I am not expecting any help based on the conversation I had yesterday but I guess there is always hope.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, warranty, dept, issue, back, water, year, homes, simply, complained, builder, drain, grass, rain, problems, lot, years, received, time, photos, letter, response, wrote, head, mid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.