Water usage monthly average

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts
Default Water usage monthly average

Ok, read online about Cala. Water shortage and how the average family usage per day verses the Belair Hollywood types which are not getting fined for using as much as 30000 gals a DAY ( no I didn't miss type too many zeros) Lady in small town with no trees or lawn (rock yard and all her trees died) reduced her water usages to 139 gals day and getting fined.

I compared my usage to hers ( I have no grass, but lots of shrubs) I manually run my sprinkler system and don't let water go down the sewer drain. The only difference between her usage and mine based on two people in there 60s.

My average usage between 68 gals to 83 gals per day (based on one year that I've been here, average 1900 to 2500 gals month). Usually we take at least three showers day total. I figure my biggest waste of water waiting on hot water To shave and shower and flushing after ever use. If it wasn't for that I guess my usage would be below 50 gal. Day.

One month I filled up my hot tub and it bumped up my daily usage to 139 gals day for that month.

I feel I doing pretty good not wasting water here in Florida?

Something to think about. One day water will be liquid gold IMO.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Sage

When we lived in CA and had water restrictions, the water system asked for reductions in use using a percentage of prior years' usage. We had already installed low-flow toilets, shower heads, and faucets. We had reduced grass areas and put down rocks, so our water usage was already down. Anyone who was already using large amounts of water was hardly affected if they cut back by the requested percentage, while we had trouble meeting the goal since we had already cut back significantly. So I can see where the lady got fined and the others didn't. The system is set up to essentially reward those who use more than their share and punish those with foresight to conserve in advance of the problem.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Sage

We average 55 gals per day here. Biggest consumption probably is washing dishes, although my husband does a really good job on them without wasting water. We also have a gizmo on the hot water line on a timer switch, so we don't have to wait a long time to get hot water in the shower.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Email Reported As Spam

don't get me strated on this issue
Old 11-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
don't get me strated on this issue
"0" come on! Why torcher yourself
Old 11-22-2015, 12:48 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Typical usage here is 2,000-2,500 a month, higher with a pool by a bit.

Bear in mind most homes have their pools, spas & garden hoses on the potable meter.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Filtration View Post
Typical usage here is 2,000-2,500 a month, higher with a pool by a bit.

Bear in mind most homes have their pools, spas & garden hoses on the potable meter.

Most?
Who would use reclaimed water for any of these?
Old 11-22-2015, 01:59 PM

I bought on March 27, 2015. Turned off the main, found out my sprinkler wasn't even working. Villages swear I used 7300 gallons for the next three months. They even checked the meter and claimed the meter was fine. Returned in July and fixed the sprinkler system. Now I used about 7600 the last three months. Sprinkling twice a week. Was there October and November until 13. Usage went up 300 gallons while I was there. Main is off again since I am back up North. We'll see what the next bill is.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:19 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Most?
Who would use reclaimed water for any of these?
What I referring to is some of the older homes have one meter for potable and sprinklers combined.

So there use is harder to deterime.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, day, usage, gals, average, month, trees, based, hot, fined, good, gal, showers, feel, imo, 60s, daily, gold, total, liquid, year, bumped, pretty, tub, guess

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.