The Early Learing Coalition of Lake County

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Default The Early Learing Coalition of Lake County

I know that most of us are past the "Child Raising" era of our life but now we enter the "Grandchildren" era. What an exciting time of life. Visits from those precious ones are some of our fondest memories-Grandma can we bake cookies? Grandpa can we go for a ride on the golf cart? Can I drive?

I say this to tell you about The Early Learning Coalition of Lake County (ELCLC). We are a State of Florida mandated entity to administer the funds and care for the needs of children from "Birth to 5 Yrs Old"-We do this through education - Volunteer Pre-Kindergarten (VPK)!

Have you heard the phrase "No Child Left Behind" or the "School Readiness Act?" That program was birthed in 1999 and that was when we started. Our task is to administer your tax dollars to give our most precious asset, our children, the best start in life that is available.

We do this through a program called Volunteer Pre-Kindergarten (VPK). It is a program that is free to all 4 year old children in the State of Florida reguardless of their parents economic status.

Most of us have grown children who now have children of their own, our grandchildren! They are the ones who will benefit from this program and have a "heads-up" start in life.

I am an expert concerning children. You may ask how did you become such an expert? I am th oldest of 13 children, have 8 of my own, and have 18 grandchildren. I may not be an expert in the literal sense but am in life experiences with children.

I am the Program Outreach Coordinator with ELCLC and am available to answer any of your questions and to speak at any of your club or organization meetings.

You may contact me via e-mail at whartman@elclc.org

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.