What to pack for three different months in Florida

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Sage
Default What to pack for three different months in Florida

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-28-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Gold member
Default varies

Well, you pretty much cover all the seasons in Florida in those 3 months!

October is usually still pretty hot, but cooling. Around mid-October, weather can be beautiful, or still hot (but it's usually now cooler in the mornings and evenings). You will need summer-weight clothes, with sweaters for some restaurants (a/c).

November is usually very pleasant, but can still have some hot days, or some windy, cool days, or rainy days.

December can also be really nice; however I came down for a week about 3 years ago and hit a cold, windy snap - wished I had gloves for golf and wore a t-shirt, sweatshirt and golf pullover to play golf - and was still too cold. We just hit the wrong week - the rest of the month was generally lovely.

Last year, December was mostly cold and windy a few nice days here and there - but that was unusual. I'd say you need more than a sweater, though, unless you are just going from zipped up golf cart or car into a store or restaurant. I'd bring at least one warm jacket and a couple pairs of jeans/pants. And socks!

And yes, everything is casual unless you plan to go to an upscale restaurant in Orlando somewhere.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Gold member
Default Black is fine

And yes, black is fine just about anytime, just too hot during the day, IMO. I wear my darker golf shirts in late fall/winter/early spring. Sometimes you need golf jackets or pullovers, or just schedule golf according the ever-changing weather forecast (and good luck with that - must be hard to forecast in Florida as the forecast can dramatically change in just a couple of days).
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

I don't think the colors, styles, etc, make any difference. People wear everything in TV. There are no style/color police.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Everything is casual, just as Ohiogirl says.

Bring layers. And a few sweatshirts and light jackets and a pair or two of closed toe shoes, but generally speaking, pedal pushers and soft pullover knit tops and light cardigans and sandals will be acceptable and comfortable for dinners out and golf (golf should have collared shirts and of course golf shoes)and just about everything, even church. You can pick up a...NICE little collection at Bealls Outlet for less than $100. We did it for daughter who packed incorrectly.

Come on down Senior. Hugs are waiting!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Sage

Old 08-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Sage

Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Gold member
Default "Resort" wear not necessary

unless you already have it and want to wear it. This is not Naples or Palm Beach. You do see it, and the shops sell it, and sometimes it feels good to look extra nice and dress up a little, but honestly, many many people go to happy hour/restaurants straight from the golf course or from a craft group or whatever.

It is absolutely casual here and you do not feel out of place wearing shorts/capri pants/golf clothes and flat sandals just about anywhere, anytime.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-28-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-28-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Platinum member

My motto for packing is to bring half as many clothes and twice as much money. Remember, there are plenty of stores here! lol
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

I have lived in The Villages for 13 years and I wear my long, black slacks all year. I find many of the restaurants and doctor's offices to be too cold for capris. That's just me. I keep a knit, casual jacket/sweater in my car and it feels good when I go shopping or out to eat. I think that the longer we live here the less we can tolerate the cold. December can be raw and uncomfortable at times. A heavier lined windbreaker will be what you need while riding in a golf cart on those colder days and THAT may not be enough unless you have layers on under that. I also wear windpants on those colder days when I play golf. The wind in Florida seems more damp and it can cut to the bone. Fleece is nice and it is lightweight but it will not stop the wind. You will have many, many beautiful days during those three months but this part of Florida is not tropical. Many shrubs and trees have been lost to cold December frosts and freezes. Come prepared and you will enjoy your stay. Come unprepared and you will find yourself shopping for warmer clothes! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have enjoyed living here.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.