Your circle of friends

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Founder
Default Your circle of friends

I was thinking the other day that the friendships of many people in The Villages may have come directly from Talk of The Villages. I am curious if you and your circle of friends are a direct result of contacts that were made here. I'm hoping that there are lots of them.

JLK
Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

I can say definitely YES! I met Katezbox, and her Husband and we and all their friends have been come very close friends. Most of us live in the same Village or surrounding ones so we are all close.
I will add also, the friendship we have with all of them is the closest my wife and I have ever had with anyone in our lives.
And, yes, we owe it all to TOTV!

Army Guy
Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 AM

I've met many wonderful people on TOTV. And if I haven't met them in person, I enjoy their company on line. Where else can you pose differring opinions and still feel comfortable enough to have a conversation later? I've learned so much that I wouldn't learn elsewhere. Thanks every one!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I was thinking the other day that the friendships of many people in The Villages may have come directly from Talk of The Villages. I am curious if you and your circle of friends are a direct result of contacts that were made here. I'm hoping that there are lots of them.

JLK
ABSOLUTELY! We have a large circle of friends and 99% of those were met as a result of TOTV! Thank you Talk Host!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages

Last edited by Shirleevee; 12-22-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

My best friend in TV definitely came from TOTV. My favorite bridge partner is the spouse of a TOTVer (she brought us together). But most of my other friends have come from my neighborhood and activities. I do enjoy the company of those I have met through TOTV and, while I may not call them friends, they are definitely people I enjoy being around and doing things with when the occasion arises (but I'm very fussy as to who I call a friend -- that takes a long time for me).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.