What Is With the Wagons on the Way To Fenny

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Wagons make great signs, symbolic of an adventurous trek into the wonderful world of Fenney!
Old 03-23-2017, 06:20 PM

The Amish are coming!
Old 03-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default What Is With the Wagons on the Way To Fenny

Just came back from our self guided tour of Fenny. Driving through the main gate I was very impressed with the woodsy national park type landscape reminiscent of the White Mountains in New Hampshire. I give it 5 stars ! The walking trails meandering about suggest a peaceful natural and healthy way for recreation or reflection.
Driving past this peaceful serenity I was reminded once again that we are in sprawl Florida, the glorious live oaks giving away to nursery grown palm trees and the trac housing we lovingly have embraced as our village neighborhoods. Looking across the broad expanse of empty lots to the southern tree line I'm also reminded of the federal prison just beyond said line. My thoughts of paradise etched in my mind were offended by that thought and soon rebounded to why we were there. Curiosity, as to how our newest southern neighbors will lifestyle as we have on the mothership. Will these newest Villagers experience life much the same way as our future space explorers will on the red planet ? Will these new pioneers consider themselves earthlings or martians ? Time will tell as slowly as the sold markings appear on all those empty front windows.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Just came back from our self guided tour of Fenny. Driving through the main gate I was very impressed with the woodsy national park type landscape reminiscent of the White Mountains in New Hampshire. I give it 5 stars ! The walking trails meandering about suggest a peaceful natural and healthy way for recreation or reflection.
Driving past this peaceful serenity I was reminded once again that we are in sprawl Florida, the glorious live oaks giving away to nursery grown palm trees and the trac housing we lovingly have embraced as our village neighborhoods. Looking across the broad expanse of empty lots to the southern tree line I'm also reminded of the federal prison just beyond said line. My thoughts of paradise etched in my mind were offended by that thought and soon rebounded to why we were there. Curiosity, as to how our newest southern neighbors will lifestyle as we have on the mothership. Will these newest Villagers experience life much the same way as our future space explorers will on the red planet ? Will these new pioneers consider themselves earthlings or martians ? Time will tell as slowly as the sold markings appear on all those empty front windows.

RickeyD, that is one snazzy little piece of writing.

When I started reading your post, I thought......who are you and what have you done with RickeyD? Then came the nuance and the juxtaposition, each perfectly balanced. And I noticed I was smiling.......while you, sir, were grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

I hope your old English teacher got to see some of that wit in your writing assignments.

Last edited by Boomer; 03-25-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
If TV does not own the land, why are there three or four wagons on the way to Fenny? Anyone know the details?
they own the land!!
Old 03-27-2017, 10:00 AM
Default Where the heck in Fenny??

Where is this Fenny you guys are talking about??
Old 03-27-2017, 10:24 AM

We recently took a tour of Fenney. They do own all of the land (or have options) where you see covered wagons.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by delpi767 View Post
We recently took a tour of Fenney. They do own all of the land (or have options) where you see covered wagons.
Think yes, not maybe.

Maybe is NOT how they work.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss3rd View Post
Where is this Fenny you guys are talking about??
go down morse. when you cross 44, morse becomes 468. Keep driving about 5 miles and voila!
Old 03-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

As one passes all the wagons on the way to Fenny a perspective is gained as to just how much more building there is to come.

To date TV has been expanding southward all the while mostly contiguous to all previous villages.

They are currently building at an extreme southern location (and then expand northward?).

PS .......an alternate route to get to Fenny is to go south on 301. Continue past the entrance to the turnpike to where CR468 makes a left turn. Fenny is on the right.
From our house, for example it is 3 miles shorter this way.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
To date TV has been expanding southward all the while mostly contiguous to all previous villages.

They are currently building at an extreme southern location (and then expand northward?).
The property Fenney is being built on had already had all the environmental studies, permits etc done because another developer was going to develop it. That fell apart when the economy downturn happened. But because all the groundwork had been already done, The Villages started there so they could keep their employees (designers etc) intact. t will all fill in between 44 and Fenney over the next several years
Old 03-28-2017, 06:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
As one passes all the wagons on the way to Fenny a perspective is gained as to just how much more building there is to come.

PS .......an alternate route to get to Fenny is to go south on 301. Continue past the entrance to the turnpike to where CR468 makes a left turn. Fenny is on the right.

From our house, for example it is 3 miles shorter this way.

Interesting to note that when the trolleys were hauling visitors, the route taken would avoid roads outside TV with the exception of 468. No doubt to give the impression that Fenny isn't that far removed.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Platinum member

It's a continuation of the Brownwood cowtown theme! The area has a history of cattle farms.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
If TV does not own the land, why are there three or four wagons on the way to Fenny? Anyone know the details?
To make it realistic. Fenny is so far away from civilization and so undeveloped that if the wind blows slightly the whole village appears to be in the middle of a huge dust storm. Kind of reminiscent of early settlers travelling across the desert in their covered wagons.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
To make it realistic. Fenny is so far away from civilization and so undeveloped that if the wind blows slightly the whole village appears to be in the middle of a huge dust storm. Kind of reminiscent of early settlers travelling across the desert in their covered wagons.
Also very reminiscent of the new areas as they developed elsewhere in TV......like when there were no homes south of 466....no Arnold Palmer....no Sumter Square.....just walls, empty lots, some construction and lotsa lotsa dirt and dust storminess.

I know because we were among the first to build in there.

This too will pass!
Closed Thread

Tags
fenny, wagons, details, land

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.