What is your perception of Gary Morse?

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default What is your perception of Gary Morse?

The Morse's are not seen often here in person, in fact almost NEVER ,so people have to guess what they are really, really like and what they are up to.

I think Gary Morse is in his 60's, a very good business man and a perfectionist. I think I would like him if I knew him personally.

Can't wait to see what you have to say.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:43 AM

I believe that Gary Morse is a brilliant business man and a very private person. The family has several large homes here along C.R. 466 and is more integrated into the community than you might think. I know some of the grandchildren hold rather minimal jobs in banks, restaurants, etc. They don't advertise who they are but their parents want to be sure they have a strong work ethic. Also, Gary's sisters are quite prominent heads of departments as well. It's a very wealthy but also very hard working family.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I'm amazed

that ONE family gave us this glorious place.....
Old 10-23-2010, 09:23 AM

My apologies, Gracie. Most of my comments above were actually about MARK Morse. I do not withdraw my statement about Gary Morse being a brilliant business man. Certainly he has now turned most of the daily operations over to his children and is a reclusive man. The fact is he could walk around the streets of TV and 99.9% of the people wouldn't know who he was and maybe he does. I'm sure no one expects him to wear a name tag "HELLO, my name is GARY MORSE".
Old 10-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post

My husband and I agree completely.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
ill give em this....10 years ago if someone told me i would spend a quarter of a million dollars on a a two bedroom place with people all over the place i would have told them they are crazy! and now here i am.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Sage

My impression is that he is a brilliant business man. You have to be a visionary to build a place like TV that has everything a person could want. The Morse family still works at making TV better.

Anyone that has built a place like TV is going to have some people that don't agree with certain things. There are other people who will say , "there is no place like the TV".

I was blown away by beauty of TV on my first visit and still smiiten with TV on my second visit. It is as close to heaven as I can imagine.

I for one, can't wait to move to paradise.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Sage

Who's Gary Morse?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Who's Gary Morse?
I often wonder if he might be walking around incognito and I have already said "hi" to him. I know if I had the wisdom and vision to build such a place, it would be fun to walk around and observe the results.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Default Morse family

How about giving most of the credit to the old man Harold Schwartz? He was the visionary who started this place. The family has done a great job of continuing his legacy.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Default Respect and admiration

Don't know much about Morse, but I admire and respect him and the family for building TV instead of something like this, below, that is only for people who have so much money they don't know what else to do with it.

The Villages is within reach of anyone who works for a living and lives within their means.

"Virgin Galactic's Sir Richard Branson, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson and prospective astronauts gathered in the southern New Mexico desert Friday to celebrate the completion of the runway at the world's first purpose-built commercial spaceport.

Virgin Galactic is the anchor tenant of the taxpayer-funded spaceport and plans to use the facility to take tourists on what will first be short hops into space. . . .

Tickets for suborbital space rides aboard SpaceShipTwo cost $200,000. The 2½-hour flights will include about five minutes of weightlessness. Some 380 customers have already made deposits totaling more than $50 million, Virgin Galactic officials said Friday.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_16407579
Old 10-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncr2482 View Post
How about giving most of the credit to the old man Harold Schwartz? He was the visionary who started this place. The family has done a great job of continuing his legacy.
Agree. But those that came after Harold certainly made TV even better by following a strict master planned community template. It is this template that lured me to TV.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Default Gary Who ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Who's Gary Morse?
Can't believe you don't know who Gary Morse is !!!!????!!! Gary is the owner of Gary Morse House Of Flowers, in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, takes Visa and Master Card, also sells balloons.Remember ladies,when a man brings you flowers for no reason.......................there's a reason!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kentucky blue; 10-23-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Sage

ncr2482
Member Join Date: Mar 2010

Morse family

ncr2482:

I meant to mention that fact in my post. It was Harold Schwartz vision but I was trying to say that Gary continued it by expanding it and continued to make it better.

I don't have the information at my fingertips but I remember reading somewhere, there was another partner with Harold Schwartz. I don't remember his name off the top of my head but he was bought out by Harold.

Sorry for the oversight.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncr2482 View Post
Well, he had enough vision to hire his son. ( Who I think was an advertising executive)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.