Why a pool

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2014, 02:06 AM

We had a saltwater pool in my home in Texas. It was wonderful and no chemicals and easy to maintain. I would never want a chlorine pool. I am glad the pools here are saltwater. Much better for your skin and hair. Still I do miss cocktails IN the pool and skinny dipping too
Old 12-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Platinum member

We've had two pools in our lifetime, You couldn't pay me enough to have another one.
Tampa, FL
Old 12-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfunny View Post
We had a saltwater pool in my home in Texas. It was wonderful and no chemicals and easy to maintain. I would never want a chlorine pool. I am glad the pools here are saltwater. Much better for your skin and hair. Still I do miss cocktails IN the pool and skinny dipping too
?????
I have a pool with a chlorine generator. It is a saltwater pool.
I have to maintain a chlorine level the same as someone who adds chlorine to their pool.
There are chemicals to maintain.
Maybe things are different in Texas.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Gold member

we have a salt water cell.....computer something or other that connects to the pool pipes near the pump....turns the salt to cholrine. that is a salt water pool.

we add 2 bags of salt every 4-6 months....never cholrine.....as that would hurt the cell and when we have to replace it...twice in 15 years, the cell cost $700 and hubby can replace it himself which saves on labor charges.

we do take the water to the pool store every other month or so and they give us chemical ph up and down and stabalizer and such.
and thats all the care the pool needs with the baracuda vac the skimmer and the birdcage

cost a little but having our own makes up for the costs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.