Line dance lessons in the squares

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Default Line dance lessons in the squares

Can anyone tell me when there are Line Dance lessons in Lake Sumter landing square? I have seen some times, lessons going on, while looking at the webcam.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Line Dancing The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
Can anyone tell me when there are Line Dance lessons in Lake Sumter landing square? I have seen some times, lessons going on, while looking at the webcam.
VillageLineDancer.Com - Home

This link will take you to the official Village line dance site. It gives all the information about line dancing in the villages, including classes. But the line dance classes you see in the square are called Exercise in Disguise, used to be known as Giggles and Shakes.

By the way, it's only 41 degrees here this morning, too cold for dancing outside!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Veteran member
Default line dance

Thank you. WOW 41 degrees!! Exactly the same as here in south England!! So far today, we have had hail, sleet, snow, and now sunshine!! Weird
I will look at the link now, thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
Thank you. WOW 41 degrees!! Exactly the same as here in south England!! So far today, we have had hail, sleet, snow, and now sunshine!! Weird
I will look at the link now, thanks
Well, thank goodness, we are not doing any of that weather and we have warmed up to 75 in my front yard where the thermometer is located - but it is in the sun!!! The real local temperature is 63 - not too hard to take.

The site I posted for you is a great site and I think you will find everything and anything you could want to do with line dancing in TV. Did you know we have a winter resident Brit who teaches here?

Carol Simmons

Carol Simmons hails from England and divides her year between The Villages and the UK. From November to May, Carol teaches at Hibiscus Recreation Center on Monday and Pimlico Recreation Center on Wednesday. She also teaches at Oxford Community Center in Oxford from 3:30-5:30 p.m. on Sunday. Carol hosts monthly line dance socials at Oxford Community Center. From May to November, Carol holds line dance classes in England, where she is a certified member of the United Kingdom Alliance of Professional Teachers of Dancing and Kindred Arts (UKA) and of the Best Western Dance Academy (BWDA). Carol and Sandra Speck have choreographed Hanging Out In Florida and Gotta Love to Boogie, and she and Christine Bass have choreographed Feet To The Rhythm. Carol says she started dancing almost as soon as she learned to walk, enjoying tap, jazz, jive, salsa and ballroom classes through the years. Her American mother (also a Villager) taught line dancing in Orlando, and Carol started teaching as a substitute for her Mom and got hooked. Carol also has taught at Midnight Rodeo in Ocala and at The Tampa Bay Linedance Classic. When she's not line dancing, Carol enjoys clogging, playing the electric organ, golfing, bowling and dining out.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Veteran member
Default line dance

Goodness me, Carol is certainly a very busy and talented lady!! Way to go Carol!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.