YET another accident...be careful folks!

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Sage
Default YET another accident...be careful folks!

I was running an errand south of 466a this morning (just a few minutes ago), when I came back (couldn't have been more than 5 minutes), there was an accident at Morse and 466a. One car was up on the grass facing the golf course (Havana) and another car was at an angle facing south-east, but not in the intersection with it's front-driver's-side all bashed in with a bunch of glass and plastic on the road. The sherrif and EMT's weren't there yet so it must have JUST happened. The latter car still had the driver sitting in it and couldn't see with the other car.

That can be a "sticky" intersection but you have to be REALLY careful if you're making left-hand turns and just proceeding (period) with caution. Hope the folks in the cars weren't injured but I'd say for sure one guy will be needing a new one, if not both individuals.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:28 AM

So many things seem habitual here, like not using turn signals, going through red lights, lack of consideration, etc. that one certainly needs to be extra alert to avoid those drivers. Cars collisions are bad enough, but it's worse to be hit on a motorcycle.

Speaking of consideration, doesn't Florida law require motorists to stop at the scene of an accident that has just occurred when no emergency vehicles have arrived yet? It certainly did in the state from which we relocated. I hope the victim was not injured severely.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
So many things seem habitual here, like not using turn signals, going through red lights, lack of consideration, etc. that one certainly needs to be extra alert to avoid those drivers. Cars collisions are bad enough, but it's worse to be hit on a motorcycle.

Speaking of consideration, doesn't Florida law require motorists to stop at the scene of an accident that has just occurred when no emergency vehicles have arrived yet? It certainly did in the state from which we relocated. I hope the victim was not injured severely.
This could be said about anyplace in the country.................................
Old 08-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post

I was in the opposite lane(s) going north on Morse...they folks were in the south lanes. I had traffic behind me etc so it seemed to be more prudent not to stop and impede. "IF" I'd been going the other way, then I'd have to say "yes" to stopping!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.