you think TV water is drinkable

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Yes the short answer and it is drinkable but I prefer to have a water filtration system.

Two years ago, I had installed the NOVA water filtration system and my water taste great! Cost is $500 and the yearly replacement of filters, about $100.

Personally, I want to cleanest and clearest water coming out of my tap but that's me.........
Same here.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Same here.

I think I'm going the Nova route too I've never had water that tastes so bad. Can only help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenod View Post
I'm with you, always drink bottled water everywhere. Chlorine will kill good gut bacteria. 80 percent of immune system is in your gut. Filters do not eliminate chlorine, only boiling for a few minutes.
Maureenod, I worked in a power plant where we made demineralized water for the steam boilers and turbine. It was essential to remove the chlorine first before the demineralized process started and we used Charcoal to do this. Charcoal Filters are a very effective way to remove chlorine.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I think TV drinking water has to much chlorine in it, it smells like bleach. I just hope we don't end up finding out it's a health hazard. I know water is expensive in Florida, but our drinking water isn't worth drinking. I had to filter mine so now it just adds to the expense of our expensive water.
The chlorine level the villages has in their water is two times more than I keep my pool chlorine level at.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
Quality of water depends on where you live.
I am also from St. Mary's County.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:13 AM

We have the whole house filter from Mike Scott Plumbing and live it. The carbon filter removes all the unhealthy chemicals and the softer requires no maintainence. The carbon filter will last five years and you are only replacing a sediment filter every six months (easy to do).
Old 01-16-2017, 08:28 AM

My taste buds detect chlorine. I know that a certain level of chlorine is necessary to ensure that the water is free of bacteria. When we moved to our second home we were hoping that the chlorine level would be acceptable. It wasn't. The water utility needs to do a better job of keeping the chlorine level under 10 ppm for all users which is acceptable for drinking.
An inexpensive fix is to fill two large plastic pitchers and put them in the refrigerator. 24 hours in the fridge will allow the chlorine to pass through the plastic leaving water that tastes pretty good. Just alternate the pitchers and you have good cold drinking water. The concept is the same as when you left the water out for a day before you put your goldfish in the water. The chlorine would kill the fish.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The water when you run it through a filter taste OK, but right from the tap nobody can tell me they can't taste & smell the strong stench of chlorine. To smell chlorine as bad as I can smell it, can't be good for us. As expensive as water is here you would think TV could do a better job of giving us better water. Is the rest of Florida's water like ours?
Old 01-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
To anyone that has had decent public water, or have taste buds that work...it's pretty bad.

Bottled water and a filter on the fridge (mostly for coffee) is the only water I'll drink...if I have a choice.
THE DUDE I totally agree with you! Just can't believe TV board will do away with some programs because a hand full of people complain but when something like this comes up, TV won't acknowledge it because they're making lots of money off of us. To me this can't be healthy & I hope someone from TV board doesn't come back & tell us how great our water is. There has to be a long term side effect to having this much chlorine in the water for us to consume. To many people are complaining about it!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
THE DUDE I totally agree with you! Just can't believe TV board will do away with some programs because a hand full of people complain but when something like this comes up, TV won't acknowledge it because they're making lots of money off of us. To me this can't be healthy & I hope someone from TV board doesn't come back & tell us how great our water is. There has to be a long term side effect to having this much chlorine in the water for us to consume. To many people are complaining about it!
TV is not responsible for the bad water, and is not regulated by TV. It is bad all over Florida. We carry spring water with us at all times, even taking a bottle into restaurants.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Kiley & Sons plumbing put in a whole house filter system for $400 or so and I installed a 3M under the counter water filter system $50 under the kitchen sink(easy to install for any do it your selfer). Filters last 4 months on whole house system and are relatively cheap to buy a stock of filters online. The under counter filter lasts about 6 months and cost about $30 each at Lowes. We love how much better the water tastes now.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:10 AM

We also went with Nova. Could not believe the huge amount of crud that was in the 3 filter system that we would have been drinking. Huge improvement noted in the taste.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
I dislike it so much. Leaves an aftertaste that lingers. What do you all think?
I drink my scotch straight now, no splash for me.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchristie View Post
Kiley & Sons plumbing put in a whole house filter system for $400 how much better the water tastes now.
If you look at earlier posts you can see the difference with the Nova System,

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Tags
aftertaste, leaves, lingers, water, drinkable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.