Moving to TV in September - Need Advice on Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Default Moving to TV in September - Need Advice on Golf Carts

My wife and I are moving to TV in September and have been looking for a golf cart. I think we have decided on electric (sorry, gas fans), and are leaning to the Club Car. My question is: Should we buy the Re-manufactured or New, and Why? What is the price difference between the Re-manufactured and the New. Also, any recommendations about accessories would be appreciated. It will be used for golf as well as TV transportation.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Moving to TV in September - Need Advice on Golf Carts

Bermuda, no apology necessary for your choice of golf cart... enjoy the ride :2cool:
Old 08-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome

Just ride it over to Havana Trail and stop in for a beer!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermuda
My wife and I are moving to TV in September and have been looking for a golf cart. I think we have decided on electric (sorry, gas fans), and are leaning to the Club Car. My question is: Should we buy the Re-manufactured or New, and Why? What is the price difference between the Re-manufactured and the New. Also, any recommendations about accessories would be appreciated. It will be used for golf as well as TV transportation.

Thanks ahead of time.
Go to the golf cart connection's web site (there ad is on this site) and study what the term remanufactured means. There are some rip-off dealers in the area (we were victims). I'd be happy to privately tell you our story. When you get here rent a cart for a while and take your time. If I had to do it again I'd buy a NEW cart.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer
Go to the golf cart connection's web site (there ad is on this site) and study what the term remanufactured means. There are some rip-off dealers in the area (we were victims). I'd be happy to privately tell you our story. When you get here rent a cart for a while and take your time. If I had to do it again I'd buy a NEW cart.

Please don't leave us wondering. What's your story. Warn us if there's some hidden problem with re-manufactured carts. :dontknow:
Old 08-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsea2

Please don't leave us wondering. What's your story. Warn us if there's some hidden problem with re-manufactured carts. :dontknow:
My story was on a thread a week or so back... the managers of the website wisely purged it because MY story led to OTHER "stories" from other people who had the same experience and (I guess) there were some legal concerns about what was being said. in my case it was NOT the cart.... it was a dishonest dealer who was apparently dishonest with other customers too (based on what was said in response to my original post).

Rent a cart for a while... do your due diligence and let the buyer beware. What is less expensive or "the best deal' may cause future problems for you.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

We purchased from Golf Cart Connection (see banner at right) and are very pleased with them. Their carts are remanufactured, but essentially new since the only used component is the Club Car frame - everything else is new. Very responsive in the event you require service, too. You also get a three year top to bottom warranty from them.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 PM

One thing you may want to consider is getting a cart with doors vs curtains. My wife persuaded me to get the club car with curtis cab (has doors and a heater) and I'm glad she did. Every time it rains or when the weather is cool I appreciate the doors. Since the golf cart is our primary transportation the extra expense made sense. If you only plan on using it occasionally the extra expense is probably not worth it. We bought new from the local club car dealer and to date have had good service from them.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Gold member

I know some of the new gas carts are pretty quiet but I still love our electric cart..so nice to ride quietly along and enjoy the scenery. The newer electric carts do have a longer range than past years. Most importantly, it is an environmentally good choice :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
I know some of the new gas carts are pretty quiet but I still love our electric cart..so nice to ride quietly along and enjoy the scenery. The newer electric carts do have a longer range than past years. Most importantly, it is an environmentally good choice :bigthumbsup:

I don't understand why some people are under the gross misconception that electric is somehow "green". Do you think electricity is shipped in from China in barrels? Or maybe electricity grows on trees somewhere?
Twenty miles from my home is the largest polluter in the state. It is also the home of the largest cancer cluster in our state. It is estimated to kill over a million fish a year in the Indian River bay. It is the NRG oil fired electric generation plant. If that's green, I'll take black thank you. ???
Old 08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Gold member

Well, okay ,maybe not green, Bad choice of words.

The electric carts are quiet, and are odor free. They don't pollute :bigthumbsup:

The gas carts are noisy and smelly. They do pollute. >

IMHO: the electric carts are far better for our environment than the gas carts. We are so lucky to live in a community that is accessible by cart. I for one prefer to use the electric cart, that, in my mind helps in some small way to keep the air clean in TV.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Gold member

It's a beautiful day in The Villages......
Old 08-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Gold member

And any cart will make you happy!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:11 AM

Hi,

I am a Village snowbird wannabe and this is my first time ever on Talk of the Villages. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC in an oceanside golf cart community.

Most of the golf carts are made in the Augusta, Georgia area-Club Car, EZGo, and Yamaha. Our neighbor called Club Car last fall looking for a way to save money in buying a golf cart. The Club Car people referred him to a company in the area that reconditions Club Car carts of all types. He arranged to buy a cart for about $2000 less than a new cart. My husband went with him to Augusta to pick it up. When I first saw it, I thought it was a brand new cart. It was absolutely spotless and runs well. If you're able to haul a cart, this is something you might want to check out.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:51 AM

Welcome, Beachgirl!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.