antenna for over the air tv? channels?

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Sage

Once every few weeks we may have a brief period of time, say 10 mins, where we can't pull in NBC. It really isn't a problem for us as it occurs so infrequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1 View Post
Last year I was ready to have Tom install an antenna in our attic; However we hesitated when he mentioned we might have a problem with NBC. Then he indicated he was no longer interested (in installing an attic antenna for us). You mention that NBC is problematic "occasionally". How often is "occasionally"? Is there a pattern of what time of day, or what season is more or less problematic?

We live in a rural area up north, and have an attic antenna there with very satisfactory results. I think maybe I could install one here myself, but would need some guidance as to recognizing which cable(s) I see up there are the appropriate ones to attach to the antenna. Any advice from anyone??
Old 11-15-2016, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietpepsi View Post
I have had enough of Comcast what over the air channels are you able to get with an over the air antenna I realize there are no outside antennas allowed we are located near the high school , what antenna have you found it works the best thank you for your time
First by law you are allowed to have an outdoor TV Antenna. Look on the internet and you will find the statute. Second I have a GE Attic Antenna with a preamp and distribution amp tied to an outboard TV Receiver and get all the Orlando Stations. I use an outboard receiver because the Tuner is much better then what is in the TV. If you want to see where the stations are relative to you look at Tvfool.com on the internet. You can find most of what you need on Solid Signal .com.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatman View Post
Just curious if any of the cable cutters know what their average monthly data usage is? I got a email from Comcast that xfinity is capping data at 1 terabyte per month before implementing extra data charges. We have cable in the den but stream to roku in the bedroom. Would love to stream all but concerned that 1 TB would not cover both plus internet and email.
1TB is a huge amount of Data. I stream a about 3 hours per day and use about 160 GB per month.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1 View Post
Last year I was ready to have Tom install an antenna in our attic; However we hesitated when he mentioned we might have a problem with NBC. Then he indicated he was no longer interested (in installing an attic antenna for us). You mention that NBC is problematic "occasionally". How often is "occasionally"? Is there a pattern of what time of day, or what season is more or less problematic?

We live in a rural area up north, and have an attic antenna there with very satisfactory results. I think maybe I could install one here myself, but would need some guidance as to recognizing which cable(s) I see up there are the appropriate ones to attach to the antenna. Any advice from anyone??
NBC I believe is WESH 2. Sometimes there is some interference to that station. This station is on the old channel 11 VHF Frequency. What I did is buy a second antenna that was designed for just the High end VHF where channel 11 resides. These antenna that cover a wide range are compromises in performance to cover the entire bandwidth. To make a long story short when my GE Attic Antenna is having a problem I switch to the other antenna and have no problem getting NBC. The reason that you do not see some of these problems on the cable is because they get an internet feed from the station and are not using an antenna to get the data.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:26 PM
Default Outside antenna

If you have an attic insulated w reflective foil and need an outside antenna, we have one you can have cheap. It's only a year old and your installer can put it in...approx 80clear channels. We don't need it.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Once every few weeks we may have a brief period of time, say 10 mins, where we can't pull in NBC. It really isn't a problem for us as it occurs so infrequently.
What part of TV are you in?
Old 11-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Here's an alternative for those wanting to cut the cable but still receive cable channels: Playstation Vue. For $30.00 a month you receive 55 cable channels and a couple of local Orlando network channels streamed over your internet service. The only thing you need is a device, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV or a Playstation 3 or 4. You can also watch it on an Apple or Android device through apps and Windows PC in your web browser! Pretty cool huh?! This service includes a cloud-based DVR. So you can watch your favorited programs whenever you like. The nice thing about Playstation Vue compared to the others is you don't pay for the ridiculous equipment leasing fees that you'll never own and have to return some day. Once you have one of the devices above you're set! Playstation Vue does a superb job at providing high-quality HD channels but you do have to have decent internet service at least 12mbps for the best quality. And you can use one account for all the devices/TVs in your home. I've used it now for over a year and will never go back to cable or satellite. They have higher priced packages offering more channels including HBO and Showtime.

If you would like to ask me more questions feel free to instant message me.

PlayStation™Vue | PlayStation™Network
I have it also and love it. Its what cable TV should be.
Closed Thread

Tags
air, antenna, channels, allowed, high

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.