Available days to play golf?

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Default Available days to play golf?

I have been looking at the Ocala weather reports and it looks like TV gets alot of thunder storms. I am curious how many days you can play golf? It looks like many storms are in the afternoons so golf should be available on those days in the mornings? Do most golfers play only nine holes as most of the executive courses appear to be nine holes? What months are the best months for golf? Thanks for any comments from diehard golfers. We plan on being there in late October.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Veteran member

Late October is relatively dry. In fact the summer heat & humidity will probably be waning and weather should be about perfect for golf. You should be able to play every day as much as you want. I say most of the people play 9 holes of executive golf. But 'diehard' golfers are out there playing 18 holes of championship golf too. I live her full time for 8 years and usualy play mens day exec golf which is typically early and another day with another group of men usualy mid day and do lunch. In the summer we also take advantage of cheap championship golf late in the day, some of us doing 9 and some doing 18. That's usually once a week. In Jan-Mar there may be a few frost delays - I understand the average is about 7-11 during that period. The courses are usually open by 10am.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 05-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Only a guy from the long drought state of California would ask that question,for the rest of America we just show up and decide then

By the way rain is not the issue, lightning is the issue that will make or break a golf game
Old 05-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredwms View Post
I have been looking at the Ocala weather reports and it looks like TV gets alot of thunder storms. I am curious how many days you can play golf? It looks like many storms are in the afternoons so golf should be available on those days in the mornings? Do most golfers play only nine holes as most of the executive courses appear to be nine holes? What months are the best months for golf? Thanks for any comments from diehard golfers. We plan on being there in late October.
Try looking at the weather for The Villages.
We don't get a lot of thunder storms but a lot of forcasted thunder storms.
You can play golf every day.
Most storms if they happen are in the afternoon and yes, golf is available in the morning.
All the excutive courses are nine holes.
All months are good for golf, some are very hot and some can be quite cold.
October will be great for golf.
Be happy..................don't worry!
Old 05-23-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Try looking at the weather for The Villages.
We don't get a lot of thunder storms but a lot of forcasted thunder storms.
You can play golf every day.
Most storms if they happen are in the afternoon and yes, golf is available in the morning.
All the excutive courses are nine holes.
All months are good for golf, some are very hot and some can be quite cold.
October will be great for golf.
Be happy..................don't worry!
Check accurateweather.com
Go to the current month on that site (top of the page) & IT WILL SHOW ONLY 3-4 days in the last 3+ wks. of rain; how can I get a job as a weather man?
Old 05-23-2015, 05:33 PM

My last visit to the villages was this past January,for two weeks. The weather forcast was for rain everyday. It rained ONE afternoon! thats all. Dont believe the weather reports.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:38 PM

We play the championship courses twice a week in the afternoon year round. We probably get rained out about 4/6 times in a year. That is with a group of 8 - 24 players.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ah yes. Available days to play golf when you are retired.

Every waking hour if ya wanna.

It doesn't get any better than this.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.