Hickory Hill

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Default Hickory Hill

HMy husband and I were riding around the Villages and went toward an area that said Hickory Hill Hammock and it said private with a gate. There also was gate for the golf carts. We were wondering why it is private ? We thought every area was public.

Last edited by babs1199; 04-23-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babspadget View Post
My husband and I were riding around the Villages and went toward an area that said Hickory Hill and it said private with a gate. There also was gate for the golf carts. We were wondering why it is private ? We thought every area was public.
It is not in The Villages. There are several retirement communities in the area.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM

Augie, It is on the Villages map, It is off of Avenida Central, west of Spanish Springs. It is between Spanish Springs and the Village of Hacienda.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

That is part of the Villages, where Harold Schwartz, Gary Morse's father lived. It is not Hickory Hill, it is Hickory Head Hammock. Only the residents there have the card to get in. There are Premiers and designers there but I don't know what else. One of the girls in my art class lives there.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is part of the Villages, where Harold Schwartz, Gary Morse's father lived. It is not Hickory Hill, it is Hickory Head Hammock. Only the residents there have the card to get in. There are Premiers and designers there but I don't know what else. One of the girls in my art class lives there.
Thanks Gracie, sorry about the name. It looked interesting back there. I thought that maybe the Morse's family lived back there.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Sage

The Morse family used to live there. We looked at a house there in 2008 that had belonged to Jennifer Parr and family. (We weren't looking for ourselves, but for our friends who had seen it in an ad). I think there are something like 41 homes there and the neighborhood is lovely.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Platinum member

A beautiful area, really quite different from the rest of TV.

Very "established," shall we say. A startling variety of homes, considering that today most villages have concentrations of similar homes (that is, ranch/cottage, designer, courtyard villas, etc) rather than intermingled.

Sad to report, though, that an acquaintance who used to live there, moved away. Partly because she needed to downsize, but also because she was burglarized at least twice in recent months!

Security isn't all it should be, necessarily!

I don't want to dissuade anyone from investigating available property in this unique village, but . . .

SWR
Old 04-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Veteran member
Default An indoor pool too!

Hickory Head has its own pool too. Indoors, I might add. That Village has a special assessment to maintain its special amenities. (at least that was the case a couple of years ago when we looked at a resale in the area)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Hickory Head has its own pool too. Indoors, I might add. ..............
Calling swimdawg - helloooooooooo........

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.