Bargains & Treasures

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee
Default Bargains & Treasures

Sailor and I are going furniture shopping (lamps and other little items), this week. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.......Bargains & Treasures is the only resale shop on my list so far......and if time permits, (we are renting a car), we may go to the Markets of Marion... on Friday....

According to my numbers, I am a new user with less than 10 posts........that is the reason I posted here.......

Thanks all, see you at Crispers Friday at 3:00p.m.

Shirleevee

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Bargains & Treasures

You might want to take a look at this earlier tread for suggestions:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm...ic,3226.0.html
Old 04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Bargains & Treasures

Hi, we were able to get things we needed from Habitat for Humanity and from Craigs list.

On Craigs list we checked in both Ocala and Orlando.

Have fun.

HB
Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
Sailor and I are going furniture shopping (lamps and other little items), this week. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.......Bargains & Treasures is the only resale shop on my list so far.
I just visited Bargains and Treasures recently for the first time in almost a year. I used to recommend B & T to everyone for consignment furniture. But now I'm finding it a bit disappointing, prices seem to be higher and quality seems to be a bit less. Perhaps it's my imagination.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:42 PM

Neerly New Furniture on 441 has some really nice items. We bought a beautiful wood desk and the price was very reasonable.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I just visited Bargains and Treasures recently for the first time in almost a year. I used to recommend B & T to everyone for consignment furniture. But now I'm finding it a bit disappointing, prices seem to be higher and quality seems to be a bit less. Perhaps it's my imagination.
I think you're right, Barefoot. There's seems to be less selection and higher prices. Could it be the season?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Barefoot, I just bought a fabulous futon from Bargains and Treasures and put a couch and loveseat on consignment with them. I had originally bought the couch and loveseat from them a year ago for about $300 cheaper than the price they put on both my pieces. The man who delivered my futon and picked up the couch and loveseat priced the two I pieces I put back on consignment.

When I told him it was wayyy more than I'd paid a year ago, he said I could price it cheaper, but he didn't recommend that. Uh, okay. What do you do?

I told my husband their prices have skyrocketed. He said 'tis the season because of the part-timers. I just wanted to ditto what you said about the prices.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Barefoot, I just bought a fabulous futon from Bargains and Treasures and put a couch and loveseat on consignment with them. I had originally bought the couch and loveseat from them a year ago for about $300 cheaper than the price they put on both my pieces. The man who delivered my futon and picked up the couch and loveseat priced the two I pieces I put back on consignment.

When I told him it was wayyy more than I'd paid a year ago, he said I could price it cheaper, but he didn't recommend that. Uh, okay. What do you do?

I told my husband their prices have skyrocketed. He said 'tis the season because of the part-timers. I just wanted to ditto what you said about the prices.
I think they have gone up too. I go down there two three times a week. I am looking for just the right tropical looking lamp or fishy looking lamp or shell looking lamp for our lanai. Also a recliner that is not reclinerish...in the right color. Earlier in the season recliners were $185. I don't know about lesser quality, but things are really picked over, I am there enough to see the merchandise shift daily. I wish I was raking in the dough like that. Very lucrative, it looks to me.

Good for them. But just remember what made you successful, please.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 PM

Also try Centsible Furnishings and Almost Perfect on 441 heading north. Very good prices.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Gold member
Default B and T prices

I am a frequent shopper at B&Treasures, and the manager defintely raises and lowers prices according to the season. While the seasonal folks are here, prices are much higher. Wait until April or May, and prices will drop again.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Eternal Member
Default Bargains & Treasures

I have always been a fan of B&T, but have noticed they don't seem to have the variety of things they once had.
I find myself going to Almost Perfect Furniture (consignment) because of their vast selections and they are reasonably priced.
I have found some wonderful things.

It is located on 441 two miles west of 42 on the left sitting back from the road, but you can see it.
I have not been to their store in Wildwood but have heard great things about it also.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
I have always been a fan of B&T, but have noticed they don't seem to have the variety of things they once had.
Could it just be that the supply is moving faster than it can be replenished because of the accelerated TV development since last year at this time and not any changes with B&T itself? Also, it was mentioned further back about higher prices. Well, there is the law of supply and demand that can and does dictates that. Economics 101, or at least when I took it in college!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Eternal Member

Skyguy 79

Perhaps but I was talking about 6-7 years ago and the numbers moving in then were probably the same as now.
However, perhaps you are right - B&T then was one of the very few consignments then - since then, there are many.
PS. I also took Economics 101!

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
Skyguy 79

Perhaps but I was talking about 6-7 years ago and the numbers moving in then were probably the same as now.
However, perhaps you are right - B&T then was one of the very few consignments then - since then, there are many.
PS. I also took Economics 101!
Oh! OK! As the late Gilda Radner's charactor "Roseanne Roeannadanna" used to say... "NEVER MIND!"
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"

Last edited by skyguy79; 02-08-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Corrected typo!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Sage

Mike and I were in there yesterday to see if the stuff we sent for sale had indeed been sold. Looks like it has. While walking around I noticed quite a few very new looking sofas and loveseats. Quite a bit different from the last time I was in. Saw many dining sets, all nice, a few things I'd consider out of style now, but walking around wasn't easy. Lots of stuff and lots of people. Not sure if prices were higher, but the items I saw seemed to me to be quite reasonable. Maybe that's because I'm not a consignment sale shopper. In CA, the consignment shops near us were very expensive!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.