» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Bargains & Treasures
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Eternal Member

Default Bargains & Treasures

I have always been a fan of B&T, but have noticed they don't seem to have the variety of things they once had.
I find myself going to Almost Perfect Furniture (consignment) because of their vast selections and they are reasonably priced.
I have found some wonderful things.

It is located on 441 two miles west of 42 on the left sitting back from the road, but you can see it.
I have not been to their store in Wildwood but have heard great things about it also.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Sage

Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
I have always been a fan of B&T, but have noticed they don't seem to have the variety of things they once had.
Could it just be that the supply is moving faster than it can be replenished because of the accelerated TV development since last year at this time and not any changes with B&T itself? Also, it was mentioned further back about higher prices. Well, there is the law of supply and demand that can and does dictates that. Economics 101, or at least when I took it in college!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Eternal Member

Skyguy 79

Perhaps but I was talking about 6-7 years ago and the numbers moving in then were probably the same as now.
However, perhaps you are right - B&T then was one of the very few consignments then - since then, there are many.
PS. I also took Economics 101!

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Sage

Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Skyguy 79

Perhaps but I was talking about 6-7 years ago and the numbers moving in then were probably the same as now.
However, perhaps you are right - B&T then was one of the very few consignments then - since then, there are many.
PS. I also took Economics 101!
Oh! OK! As the late Gilda Radner's charactor "Roseanne Roeannadanna" used to say... "NEVER MIND!"
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"

Last edited by skyguy79; 02-08-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Corrected typo!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Sage

Mike and I were in there yesterday to see if the stuff we sent for sale had indeed been sold. Looks like it has. While walking around I noticed quite a few very new looking sofas and loveseats. Quite a bit different from the last time I was in. Saw many dining sets, all nice, a few things I'd consider out of style now, but walking around wasn't easy. Lots of stuff and lots of people. Not sure if prices were higher, but the items I saw seemed to me to be quite reasonable. Maybe that's because I'm not a consignment sale shopper. In CA, the consignment shops near us were very expensive!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
I am a frequent shopper at B&Treasures, and the manager defintely raises and lowers prices according to the season. While the seasonal folks are here, prices are much higher. Wait until April or May, and prices will drop again.
Actually, Shrandell, that is what I thought. We used B & T extensively in October of 2007 when we furnished our Villa, and got great bargains. I've noticed that when Snowbird season is in full tilt, it's a lot harder to find really great stuff. I'm lazy and B & T is ten minutes away so it's just become a habit to check it out regularly.

I'm looking for some light colored rattan patio furniture. All the new stuff seems to be dark this year.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 AM

I like Neerly New in Fruitland Park on 441. Take 466A east to 441 turn right and it should be about 1 mile. Quality items.
Good Luck
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM

Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

Quote:
I find myself going to Almost Perfect Furniture (consignment) because of their vast selections and they are reasonably priced.
I have found some wonderful things.

It is located on 441 two miles west of 42 on the left sitting back from the road, but you can see it.
I have not been to their store in Wildwood but have heard great things about it also.
I believe Rte. 42 runs east/west. Not sure Almost Perfect Furniture can be "2 miles west of 42". Is it acually on 441 about 2 miles north of 42?? Would like to visit. Please clarify. Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Eternal Member

Default Bargains & Treasures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy and al View Post
I believe Rte. 42 runs east/west. Not sure Almost Perfect Furniture can be "2 miles west of 42". Is it
acually on 441 about 2 miles north of 42?? Would like to visit. Please clarify. Thanks
OOPS! You are correct - north of 42 it is.

Neerlee New Home Furnishings
Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 AM

Default Neerlee New Home Furnishings

WWW.NeerleeNewFurnishings.com
Closed Thread