Hello

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Default Hello

Hi Everyone...
This is probably my 3rd post and I just found the New Members Forum, so I decided to say hi. We just bought a lot in Hemingway and will visit TV for the 2nd time next week to pick out a house. We think we'll build the Camden, but we haven't actually seen one yet. We are from Orange County, CA and have been in a retirement community north of Tucson for almost four years. It is nice, kind of like Top of the World, but it doesn't have the lifestyle we really want. We had annual passes for Disneyland for years and have been going to Disneyland since it opened in 1955. We'd go just to stroll around and enjoy the night, very relaxing (and ride roller coasters). Needless to say there is NOTHING here like that to do. Our 2nd favorite thing, after going to Disneyland, is to ride around in the golf cart, but there's no real destination place here except the post office and Mini-Market. Or dinner at the club house which we don't do much. Then someone told us about The Villages and we went to Google Earth to check it out. Hey, there are golf cart paths next to the streets! Oh wow! From there we went to the website and saw that it is like living in Disneyland! A dream come true... with the real Disney World an hour or so away. We sent for the DVD, showed our next-door neighbors, and we all went for guest program last September. They are planning to move to TV, too. By the way, we went to Epcot one day and planned to spend another at the Magic Kingdom, but were having so much fun at TV we canceled MK. I can't believe we are actually going to live there! Yea!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Hello

Welcome from another Californian, albeit a bit north of you. I'd say about the only plus to Arizona is that it's a dry heat, especially after reading your description of your community (sounds great for old fogeys but not for those retirees who still want to live). Getting used to the humidity here can be challenging for us West Coasters, but it is doable and certainly worth the wet clothes just for the joy of living here!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-29-2008, 01:57 AM

Carizona - hope you love it in TV - I think you will ----can't wait until we can get there too.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:59 AM

Carizona, just what you said is the same reasons we want to move to TV. However, we have to sell our house up north first. We are from Putnam, Ct. Can't wait to get to TV. Congratulations.
Manchester, CT - 35 Years
Wilmington, NC - 3 Years,
Putnam, CT - 6 Years
The Villages - Village of Belle Aire 2 Years
The Villages - Village of Charlotte

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...00PIXalt-1.jpg
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Eternal Member

If you bought one of the lots on Aberdeen on the hill overlooking the ninth hole and pond, the putting green, and the Havana club house, I hate you. :realmad: :realmad: I'm completely out of relatives with any money (not that I had any in the first place) so I've been hoping to be adopted by a really sick, really rich person so I could afford one of those. That is going to be a sensational view and I could just picture a special house with an extravagant birdcage covering a nice pool, outdoor kitchen, and plush lanai.

If that is your place, would you invite me over once and maybe complain about something that might temper the dream.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Sage

Hi Carazona5, we're in the next village over, in Duval. I'm always driving through Heminway watching it grow. You'll love it here. :bigthumbsup:
Old 03-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Thanks everyone for saying hi. Only five more days until our visit to pick out the house! We're so excited!
redwitch.... Californians are probably rare there. This will be a first for me since this place is full of CA people. Sweat will be different, but like you said, worth it.
con8757 and Fullrob... Our next-door neighbors are in the same boat, waiting for their house to sell and wanting to be in TV. I know what you're going through, we've been there too. So frustrating.
chelsea24... we are cat lovers, too!
And Munchie.... you can love us. Our lot will have a view of the house in back of us.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Gold member

We are from California, Carizona, albeit by way of a stint in Minnesota. We will hopefully be there by year end. I think we have the beginning of a CA Club. We may be few but we shall be mighty!...well at least fun.
Welcome to TOTV.
S.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:07 PM
mcelheny

Welcome Carizon! When you have time-tell us about your house.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 PM

Hi Carizona;
We are having a house built now in Hemmingway, welcome neighbor. We fell in love with TV on our first visit two years ago. No need to look anywhere else. Hope you have a good trip and good luck with your house selection.

BG
Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 AM

Hello
My hubby & I are thinking on buying a home in Calumet Grove & we heard that the train sounds are really bad up that way. The home is on Lillywood court, hopefully someone can tell me about that area. Thank you, Gigim112
Old 05-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome Carizona. I am a Disney lover too, and have run out of little grandchildren to accompany me. It doesn't stop me from going, but it slows me down. It looks better if you are skipping and whistling and talking to Mickey if you are holding a kids hand.

I am so glad to hear of your decision and I too would love to hear more about your house.

Hope to meet and greet you in person soon. We close Monday on our home in Hadley and will be down the first week in June to set up "camping" until we furnish the place.

I love decorating a house and making it into a warm inviting place to live and have friends come visit.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.