Power Outages and more

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Default Power Outages and more

Hi All,

Took the tour at the end of April, hope to be there by the end of the year.

I was wondering about the power outages and if a whole house generator is necessary. I know the lines are underground but do they go to the air before they reach the supply system?

Can you buy a lot and put off building for up to a year?

Thanks for any info,
Old 05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Sage
Default Re: Power Outages and more

bowtie,

Power outages have been minimal in the 18 months we've been here. There are some high tension wires in a couple of TV locations, but, other than that, everything seems to be underground. My opinion...a generator is not necessary.

Sorry, don't think they'll let you buy a lot and defer building for a year. They like to get into an area and build it all out within a matter of months. Most of the new construction consists of fully completed houses that you buy as a finished product. There is presently one designer section (hemingway village) where you can pick your lot, pick your model house, and choose from some pre-set number of interior design packages.

Good luck in your search.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Eternal Member

You really don't need a generator here. I've never lost power for longer that 30 minutes and probably only 3 times in 3 years. Of course, we've not been hit by a hurricane during that time. I hear the danger of that is not real great here. When one does hit, the force is significantly reduced.

I don't believe they allow you to buy and delay building now. The intent for the last several years has been to complete entire areas and move on. I'm sure your new neighbors would not be wild about having an empty building lot in the midst of their homes.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 05-14-2008, 02:46 PM

Thanks for the info.,
Bowtie
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.