Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Default New Member

Hi, My name is Gary Drake and I'm thinking about moving to the villages. I am a arts and crafts person and have handmade jewelry that is beautiful if I do say so myself. Are there any shows or places to sell my jewelry inside or outside of the Villages Community?
Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Hi Gary, there are at least two (spring and fall) arts & craft shows sponsored at TV Rec centers with exhibiting/selling being restricted to Villages residents. There may be more, but I’m sure of at least two.

There are also spring and fall arts & craft shows conducted on Village property with exhibiting/selling open to all (these are the type of traveling arts & crafts exhibitions where the exhibitors come from all over).

There are also four “vendor nights” (2 at each square) per week in TV where you set up a tent and table and sell your wares. As I have checked into the specifics of selling at vendor night in the squares, I will pass on what I’ve learned: You must commit to renting a space at least 1 night per week for a minimum of 4 weeks at a time. Rent is $30 per night. You must provide your own table, 10 x 10 white tent, lights and power source. You do not have to be a Village resident to sell at vendor night, but your art and/or wares must be approved by TV Entertainment Dept.

There is also “The Markets of Marion” a few miles from TV, which is a huge multi-vendor venue. It is open Fri, Sat and Sun. I’ve seen some of the same vendors selling at Marion Market and vendor night in the squares.

I’ve sure there are other venues in the area, but those are the ones that I’m familiar with.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

you'll sell a bazillion dollars worth here, and love living here besides.

there are arts and crafts festivals all over Florida, including here,

also 4 times a week, there's market night at one town square or another
Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Sage

Hello Gary, Welcome to TOTV from a TV wannabee. I enjoy going to the market nights when I have rented in TV -- love to visit the vendors there. Hope you enjoy participating in TOTV. Read and ask questions -- there is a wealth of knowledge on this site about moving to and living in The Villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.