Drinking Water

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Default Drinking Water

Does anybody know if Jeb Bush signed a bill, when he was Governor, that allows sewage treatment facilities dump effluent into the aquifer! I have asked this question on a number of occasions an get ignored! State Senator Alan Hayes emailed me that a facility west of Gainesville was doing just that, but won't answer whether Jeb Bush signed a bill or not!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Platinum member
Default Did not know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgarber View Post
Does anybody know if Jeb Bush signed a bill, when he was Governor, that allows sewage treatment facilities dump effluent into the aquifer! I have asked this question on a number of occasions an get ignored! State Senator Alan Hayes emailed me that a facility west of Gainesville was doing just that, but won't answer whether Jeb Bush signed a bill or not!
Would the liquid have to be cleaned up before thet release it? Also how are they actually dumping it. I know that a paper mill near Palatka has been dumping in Rice creek for decades and they now want to extend the pipe out in the St. Johns river. Easier to meet the epa requirements.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:23 AM

I was told that my drinking water was so full of chlorine, because of this law that I might as well be drinking swimming pool water! I'm just trying to get confirmation!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgarber View Post
I was told that my drinking water was so full of chlorine, because of this law that I might as well be drinking swimming pool water! I'm just trying to get confirmation!

Here is one of the important questions. Were you told this by someone who wants to sell you a water system? Or someone else who has been evangelized by the water system people?

We have been drinking it for almost nine years. We are becoming younger and better looking and our golf scores have dropped by ten. It probably has nothing to do with the water, but I am on birth control pill again, just in case.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is one of the important questions. Were you told this by someone who wants to sell you a water system? Or someone else who has been evangelized by the water system people?

We have been drinking it for almost nine years. We are becoming younger and better looking and our golf scores have dropped by ten. It probably has nothing to do with the water, but I am on birth control pill again, just in case.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,309 Times in 543 Posts

OP, Have you checked with the Florida EPA. It would seem this would come under their juristiction.

If this is true, the staff of the Senator should be able to give you the "bill number" which will have all the details regarding restrictions etc. etc. If not, then I would not give it any Validity.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Another good source of information would be to contact this agency. One of their staff gave an excellent presentation at a Rotary meeting in the Villages several months ago.

About the District

If drinking the water down there will help with hair loss, Ill try to spend more time in the Villages.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:

Or, it could have been a member of the democratic party. The OP has made it very clear that it is very important to know whether or not Jeb Bush signed the bill.

He said that he's been told that it's being done. Why is it so important to know who signed the bill?

Don't mean to turn this political, but it seems to me that there's a political implication to the question.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,309 Times in 543 Posts
Default No more Aquafina

Quote:

Thanks for the tip---No more Aquafina for me----water straight from the tap. My golf game can use some help!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I hear Florida drinking water contains the urine of alligators, coyotes and numerous birds, all of which contain a magnificent spectrum of valuable nutrients promoting longevity in humans. Glug, glug, glug!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
bush, jeb, bill, signed, alan, hayes, emailed, occasions, senator, state, answer, west, gainesville, number, facility, governor, sewage, water, treatment, facilities, drinking, asked, question, aquifer, dump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.