Exercise Equipment

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Default Exercise Equipment

We will move here in January and I'm trying to decide if I have room for my Bowflex weight system. In today's Daily Sun paper I see on the front page a picture of a gentleman using what appears to be an exercise/weight machine outdoors at Paradise Park. Is there equipment there outside all the time for public use? Are there any other areas in The Villages that provide this type of equipment also? Interested in continuing strength exercises but don't really want to join MVP. Thanks for any info.

Last edited by kansasrph; 10-23-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

There are several fitness centers in and around the villages. If you decide to go with one of the "advantage" plans, most of these have a silver sneakers option that gets you free access to some of the local fitness centers. That is the good news, the possible bad news it that you need to very carefully review the differences between the Medicare/supplement plans and the NON Medicare advantage plans.

As for your bowflex, you could bring it with you and see if it fits, and if it doesn't sell it, or donate it. I let all of my equipment back up North, since we wanted to have the capability of using the third room (aka den) as an extra bedroom, and there was no way to do this with exercise equipment in it. Possible alternative would be some type of system where the exercise equipment could be temporarily moved to the garage when company arrives. I looked at the option, but everything I found was very expensive.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:51 PM

There is also permanent outdoor exercise equipment at the Rohan rec center, in the southern part of TV. We have not used it, so I don't recall exactly what is there, but there are several pieces.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:13 PM

Thanks so much. Good news for us. We bought in Pine Hills near Rohan. I will check it out.
Closed Thread

Tags
equipment, paradise, park, areas, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.