Farmers' Market in Wildwood?

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Last spring there was a weekly produce market in Lady Lake at the park just south of where 466 joined 441/27. I believe that a lot of the fruit & produce there was local.

Nice to know.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

The Market is at Town Hall and small. It is open Saturdays from 9-1. Originally all items sold had to be grown within 100 miles of Wildwood. I do not know if this is still true. The prices are reasonable and everything I have bought there has been very good. Soon Plant City strawberries should be sold there and you can not beat the price.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Sage

I saw Plant City Strawberries around about 2 weeks ago. Didn't get any though so I can't comment on quality.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Sage

I had to go the post office yesterday and stopped by the farmers' market. It is rather small but they had some nice produce. Some of it was local, like the collard greens, but other stuff was brought in such as the cauliflower. The strawberries from plant city were beautiful.

There was a vendor advertising shrimp, scallops, and stone crab. Didn't try the seafood this week but will be sure to do it next time.

As the weather warms up there may be more vendors and more produce, depending on the business they draw. I think it's worth giving them a look and a whole lot more convenient for those of us south of 466.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.