A few words of Thanks from Jersey Newbies

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Thumbs up A few words of Thanks from Jersey Newbies

Hello to one & all,

My Wife & I have recently moved to TV from New Jersey (5 weeks) and so far our transition has been relatively painless. Having been born & raised in Jersey I had been somewhat skeptical or suspicious shall we say, regarding all the friendly & helpful people we have encountered during our transition, who willingly offered advice & or ideas about transitioning to TV. Well whatever skepticism we may at first have had has been very quickly allayed. We just want to express our sincerest thanks to Jim, Carolyn, Ray, Linda, Roseanne, and all the other Villagers whose timely advice, friendly conversation, and helpful hints have helped to make our transition to becoming "Villagers" so very easy. Thanks to You all !
Old 09-22-2016, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Not sure if I helped you, but a big WELCOME to the Villages.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareload View Post
Hello to one & all,

My Wife & I have recently moved to TV from New Jersey (5 weeks) and so far our transition has been relatively painless. Having been born & raised in Jersey I had been somewhat skeptical or suspicious shall we say, regarding all the friendly & helpful people we have encountered during our transition, who willingly offered advice & or ideas about transitioning to TV. Well whatever skepticism we may at first have had has been very quickly allayed. We just want to express our sincerest thanks to Jim, Carolyn, Ray, Linda, Roseanne, and all the other Villagers whose timely advice, friendly conversation, and helpful hints have helped to make our transition to becoming "Villagers" so very easy. Thanks to You all !
Welcome home. You need to meet two other delightful people from New Jersey who also arrived this summer. Mr. and Mrs. Nucky. You can't help but love them.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Welcome.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage

Welcome ... the best is yet to come!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Now enjoy!!!
Old 09-23-2016, 11:01 AM

A BIG welcome to you from another New Jerseyan (Plainfield). I know you'll love it in TV.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:37 AM

Welcome! My husband and I are also from NJ (Weehawken) and closed on our house in TV in August. We are putting our house in NJ up for sale next month and are very anxious to move to The Villages full time. We have already met our neighbor across the street from us and they made us feel very welcome. I know that we will be extremely happy in our new home!!
Old 09-24-2016, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareload View Post
Hello to one & all,

Welcome home. Born and raised in Jersey and comfortable so quickly??? Same thing happened to us. We lived in a place of suspicion and a constant barrage of bad news. It is different here, last night I didn't lock my car for the first time in my life and it was still there this morning. It doesn't get better than that. It is going to be great calling home on the first snow day when we are in the pool down here. Mrs Gracie, GE, dbussone, Mrs Barefoot, Tal all had a hand in collectively counseling us through a major move. The best advice when we got here was to breathe. Give yourself a chance to catch up. Slow down and prevent any stupid mistakes because your doing 100mph around the house. Take Care and congrats Homey!
Old 09-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Sage

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-24-2016, 12:00 PM

Welcome. The best is yet to come
Old 09-24-2016, 12:01 PM

Welcome. Enjoy your new home, and friendly lifestyle.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:01 PM

Hey, it's Joisey!
I know because I snowbird from NJ.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Gold member
Default We're here too!!!!!!!

We made the same transition from the Jersey Shore to Pennecamp in 2010 and it was the best move we've ever made in our life regarding lifestyle and financial. We thank our lucky stars everyday that we've been fortunate enough to join a cast of thousands in helping us enjoy our retirement. Welcome to you guys!!!!!
Skip 2
Old 10-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky;129***5
... It is different here, last night I didn't lock my car for the first time in my life and it was still there this morning. It doesn't get better than that...
I hope that was just a mistake and not something you plan to do. Yes, the Villages is the best... but there are always a few low-lifes around.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Closed Thread

Tags
transition, jersey, helpful, advice, friendly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.