Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Gilchrist newbies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/gilchrist-newbies-66977/)

Yankee Quilter 01-06-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bovelsky (Post 604868)
I am moving down from texas on 20 Jan as well and will also be on hackberry.

Mark

Where on Hackberry? We are lot 96 or 1416 Hackberry. We close 3/1 willmove full time by mid March but are down the end of the month for a "look see" at the progress. Would love to meet up

bogo2128 01-07-2013 02:14 PM

Design meeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 604298)
I just did design. forget the terror installed over years of hearing how horrible it is to build. It just aint so at TV. You will be treated with the patience of Job and wonderful consultants with years of experience. In segments of about half a day each I rode with the designer in a golf cart to models to consider stretches and possibilities for the elevation, then to consider kitchen and bathroom options, then cabinetry and fixture choices, and colors for paint, tile, etc. At the end, you receive samples and printed pix of what you have chosen, go over the specs tooth and nail. Then there's a hallelujah smiley meeting with the sales agent and designer, who may actually be genuinely interested in your satisfaction. And after you sign and pay, they invite you to contact them for any questions and they stay in touch. I kept expecting to be abandoned after someone's role ended, but TV is above above average. Expect excellence and you will not be surprised.

Thanks for the input. The day before our design meeting, we plan to ride around with our agent to visit open houses and the models. This will give us some ideas as to what we want. Then we will let the designer help us fill in the blanks!

bogo2128 01-08-2013 07:14 PM

Design meeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 604298)
I just did design. forget the terror installed over years of hearing how horrible it is to build. It just aint so at TV. You will be treated with the patience of Job and wonderful consultants with years of experience. In segments of about half a day each I rode with the designer in a golf cart to models to consider stretches and possibilities for the elevation, then to consider kitchen and bathroom options, then cabinetry and fixture choices, and colors for paint, tile, etc. At the end, you receive samples and printed pix of what you have chosen, go over the specs tooth and nail. Then there's a hallelujah smiley meeting with the sales agent and designer, who may actually be genuinely interested in your satisfaction. And after you sign and pay, they invite you to contact them for any questions and they stay in touch. I kept expecting to be abandoned after someone's role ended, but TV is above above average. Expect excellence and you will not be surprised.

Thanks for the info, sounds like they will guide us all the way through! We scheduled our agent to take us to open houses and to the models before our meeting. We will keep you posted.

bogo2128 01-09-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter (Post 604879)
Where on Hackberry? We are lot 96 or 1416 Hackberry. We close 3/1 willmove full time by mid March but are down the end of the month for a "look see" at the progress. Would love to meet up

We leave TV on the 26th, when are you coming down?

maparker50 01-09-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 603935)
We are in North Fulton county, Alpharetta/Johns Creek, in a single family neighborhood. Looked at some over 55 communities north of us, but nothing knocked our socks off until we visited TV! There are currently no other homes up for sale in our neighborhood, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

Lived in Laurel Springs when we lived in the Atlanta area. Due to traffic, we are glad we moved out of the area.

bogo2128 01-09-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maparker50 (Post 606406)
Lived in Laurel Springs when we lived in the Atlanta area. Due to traffic, we are glad we moved out of the area.

Suwanee? Where are you in Fernandina?

Buckeyephan 01-12-2013 09:48 AM

Hi,

My husband and I just bought a lot on Eastfield Path and can't wait for our design meeting on February 20. We worked hard to get our Ohio home ready to put on the market when we return there on April 1. Amazing how much junk our basement held but it forced us to get rid of things we should have parted with years ago. We're renting a home in Ashland until the end of March. Gilchrist looks like it will be a beautiful Village.

Barbara

junction29 01-12-2013 07:54 PM

Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyephan (Post 607696)
Hi,

My husband and I just bought a lot on Eastfield Path and can't wait for our design meeting on February 20. We worked hard to get our Ohio home ready to put on the market when we return there on April 1. Amazing how much junk our basement held but it forced us to get rid of things we should have parted with years ago. We're renting a home in Ashland until the end of March. Gilchrist looks like it will be a beautiful Village.

Barbara

Hi both and welcome to the neighbourhood.

Every single person we have met here in Gillyland has been really nice and friendly, you will love it.

If you are not on the neighbourhood spreadsheet, PM A4-Skyhawk with your details and let us know when you get here so that we can make you welcome. :2excited:

bogo2128 01-12-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Barbara

Welcome to Gillyland, we are on Amherst Way and our design is in 2 weeks, the 22nd. Looking to put our house up March 1. Hope to see you during our visit.

Twinspin60 01-13-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Hi,

Barbara

Welcome to Gilchrist--my husband and I just closed on our home at 3046 Eastfield Path on Tuesday-how close are you to us? We're also from Ohio but Northerns--from the Cleveland area were the snow flies often and a lot :sad: As it will be this week--after leaving 80 degrees and sunshine. We still aren't permanent and don't know when we'll make that move. Good luck with your design and please get on our spreadsheet. Mary