Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Gilchrist newbies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/gilchrist-newbies-66977/)

sunsetsailors 02-17-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 603050)
Hi! We are new to TOTV and to Gillyland. My wife, Susie, met Andy and Wendy (and their precious pup who had just flown in from overseas) in early December at Brandenton and again at Brownwood. They were very sweet and offered great advice!

Our design meeting is Jan. 22nd for our lot at 210.117. We have read the blogs regarding design meetings and found them to be very beneficial. We feel so much more confident about the process, and we thank you one and all!

We will be arriving Sunday Jan. 20th and will stay through Saturday. Besides the design meeting, we plan to tour Gillyland, meet with the mayor, his administrative staff, and as many of our new neighbors as possible.

Looking forward to our trip and meeting all of our future neighbors!

There is a mayor of Gilchrist? Where do you find him/her? Why do they call it Gillyland? So much to learn!

junction29 02-18-2013 07:38 PM

Welcome to the neighbourhood

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Lasher (Post 620617)
We are Bill and Donna Lasher and just sent in contract for a home on Euclid Terrace. We are SO excited to be part of your group and want to be added to any festivities for the group. We close on Mar 7 and will be there the week of March 18 for walkthrough, etc. I would love some advise on:
1. Lawn service - could possibly use same as some neighbors
2. Blind vendors - ours does not have blinds and this is ASAP
3. Cable/Internet/Phone serivice. Who do you suggest?\
4. Home watching service for the Gilchrist 210 area.

Any suggestions for the move-in and walkthrough that I need to know. Thanks in advance.

Look forward to some great neighbors and parties.... We were the ones that posted the lot on Pinellas, however the model became available that we want so we changed. I ALWAYS wanted to be with this fun group!!!.

Welcome to the friendliest neighbourhood in TV. :welcome:

For;
1. We used Deans, happy with their service so far
2. We used 48 Hours, good price and fitted them for us on closing day!
3. We use Brighthouse, had a couple of minor problems but they fixed them straight away
4. Don't use that yet, but we have great neighbours!

kind regards
His Worship the Mayor's appointed Head of Administration (both jobs unsalaried, but an occasional bottle of Corona welcome);:posting::ho:

Mamaderby 02-18-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 610950)
Where are you on Amherst Way? We are 210.117.

3031 Amherst. Or 209.26 It's next to HotRodGirl (carol) and is a green/gray color

CalcTeacher 02-18-2013 07:58 PM

Hey...Jimbo12! Do you have any pictures of your floor to share yet???

Buckeyephan 02-26-2013 02:46 PM

We had our design meeting last week and signed the papers yesterday. Closing will be May 9. Hooray!!!! We're building at 3052 Eastfield Path and see that some of you will be our neighbors. The whole process went very smoothly. Colleen, our agent, and Pam, the designer, were wonderful. It only took 2 days plus an hour or so choosing the granite. We are renting until the end of March so will be able to see some of the construction. Can't wait to make the move here.

A-4 Skyhawk 02-26-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyephan (Post 633154)
We had our design meeting last week and signed the papers yesterday. Closing will be May 9. Hooray!!!! We're building at 3052 Eastfield Path and see that some of you will be our neighbors. The whole process went very smoothly. Colleen, our agent, and Pam, the designer, were wonderful. It only took 2 days plus an hour or so choosing the granite. We are renting until the end of March so will be able to see some of the construction. Can't wait to make the move here.

I hope you've found the "New Villagers in Gilchrist" thread where the "In Crowd" is hanging out :icon_wink:

I just added you to the spread sheet. Welcome to the Hood :coolsmiley:

hotrodgirl 02-26-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyephan (Post 633154)

Did you have Pam Sherwood? Me too! She was so very nice and helpful! If you are here thru March, come and join us at the Driveway party on Thursday. It is at Dave and Meredith Yorkston's, 3043 Amherst Way about 5PM! Hope you can join us!

Dafoe 02-27-2013 11:01 PM

HI All,
We close on our home on Defoe the first week in April and come mid May to check it out and buy furnishings. We'll be splitting our time between Minnesota and Florida. Can't wait! Sue & Dave

Dafoe 02-28-2013 12:06 AM

HI
I'm trying to get oriented to all of the new street addresses. We close on the 3rd of April, but don't come down for our keys until May. We'll be dividing our time between our Minnesota home and our new place on Defoe. Dave & I look forward to meeting our new neighbors! Sue

obiwan 03-02-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 603628)
We are on the line of 209 and 210 on amherst way. 209.33 is next to our lot, 210.117, between Kilgore Way and Brinkley Lane. Guess our closing will be toward the end of April? Hope to see you then.

We will put our Atlanta house up for sale after the design meeting, wish us luck!

Bogo2128; We are at 210.103 Amherst Way. We will be full time as of June 4 this year. We've already been to a great party and met many of our new neighbors. They are all friendly and helpful folks. Look forward to meeting you this summer.

peterbrownell 03-09-2013 09:19 AM

Hi All - Peter & Linda from Vermont here - closing next Friday (March 15) on our house on Luraville Rd - will be part timers keeping our house in Vermont for summers. Looking forward to meeting folks. If someone could add us to the spreadsheet, that would be great. Best - Peter & Linda

Bosoxfan 03-09-2013 10:33 AM

We have our design meeting set for March 27th..We'll be building an Aspen On Gulberry Pl first right off Luravile

gspall1982 03-19-2013 06:23 PM

We just purchased 209.37 and hope to have our design meeting in June. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Can't wait to leave NYC behind.

CalcTeacher 03-19-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspall1982 (Post 645205)
We just purchased 209.37 and hope to have our design meeting in June. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Can't wait to leave NYC behind.

GSPALL: look for the thread "New Villagers in Gilchrist." This thread contains tons of advice...hope you have a couple of days to wade through it! Welcome to the neighborhood! I am on 209.32. My husband and I have already settled but won't be moving in permanently until the middle of June.

jgmcc 03-20-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 603050)
Hi! We are new to TOTV and to Gillyland. My wife, Susie, met Andy and Wendy (and their precious pup who had just flown in from overseas) in early December at Brandenton and again at Brownwood. They were very sweet and offered great advice!

Our design meeting is Jan. 22nd for our lot at 210.117. We have read the blogs regarding design meetings and found them to be very beneficial. We feel so much more confident about the process, and we thank you one and all!

We will be arriving Sunday Jan. 20th and will stay through Saturday. Besides the design meeting, we plan to tour Gillyland, meet with the mayor, his administrative staff, and as many of our new neighbors as possible.

Looking forward to our trip and meeting all of our future neighbors!

Hi....we're closing on our house on April 3. This will be our 4th house in the Villages..We'll be on Haislip Ct, off of Resthaven. I'd love to try to get the names and emails of the Gilchristers so we can have a village directory. My name is Gail and my email is gailc101@comcast.net. Love to hear from you