» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
K9 Lovers new to The Villages
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Default K9 Lovers new to The Villages

Hi, my name is Geary and my wife is Danice, we are in KY now but are selling our ranch this spring and moving to the villages, we have 4 Irish setters which all have been show dogs and one of our puppies from our last litter will be heading for the show this spring with her handler, we would like to meet others that love dogs, and clubs for dogs, my wife was a professional dog trainer for over 25 years and dogs are her life; so we are wanting to meet people that love dogs and of course other as well, I've a USAF vet. serving 6 years on the B52 and KC-135, in Thailand, Philippines, and many other place so always like meeting people from service, retired from the Federal Express and have owned my own business in restoration for many years, we came from Naperville Ill. 5 years ago and retired in KY, after 5 year we decided that the place is two big and need to down sizes not to the place is just to boring for us so we have decided to come to the villages, so we are starting to look around for a place to live and also to get to know others during this time so we know others somewhat we we get there, hope to sell our place fast.

thanks for reading and if this falls in the type of people that you like to hang with please let us know thanks again.

Geary and Danice our e-mail address is gearydanicehart@aol.com http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for.../MOJE_whot.gif

Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold member

Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Geary & Danice!

I think you will find there are lots of dog lovers in TV, and a few not so much, but like any other place you would choose to live! Most are very friendly with pets and there are 2 dog parks in TV. I am currently just starting to build, so am not there quite yet. But I am bringing my Jack Russell and Shih Tzu. We could perhaps garner a few tips from you!! I am certain you will be most welcome. As an FYI, there is a restriction as to the number of pets you may have (two) but you may bring "your family" with you. You just would not be able to replace them as they depart. Not sure if you were aware of this? Thank you as well for serving our country and there are lots of vets in TV too. I am sure you both will fit right in!
I am from Highland Park, IL! Hope to see you in the future!
Carol

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Sponsored Links
Exclusive Promotion Code Page!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Sage

Another dog face adorer here. Used to show and breed Afghans (there may be a dumber breed out there, but not sure which). Really did love them, though. As you were told, you can bring 'em all with you but no replacing once one is gone until you're down to two. That may be a little hard on you being that you show dogs.

But welcome aboard! It's hard to hate TV and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

"If pigs had wings they'd be pigeons." Robert A. Heinlein
Old 09-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

will you be bringing all five irish setters with you to the villages?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

We have an Irish and an English Setter. Our English Setter is from a top breeder in Washington State and our irish Setter came from an abusive breeder in Washington State and has is small, sweet but anxious, not a show Irish, that is for sure. I love Setters, cannot wait to see yours! I have had Irish Setters since I was a teenager for the most part.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

We have had three Irish Setters. I love the breed and think of them as "my" breed. I miss them very much. They are in Cookie Heaven now romping around and eating as many cookies (dog treats) as they want.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
will you be bringing all five irish setters with you to the villages?
That will be a housefull!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Sage

welcome , you are going to need a big house for all those puppies
Old 09-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geary View Post
Hi, my name is Geary and my wife is Danice, we are in KY now but are selling our ranch this spring and moving to the villages, we have 4 Irish setters which all have been show dogs and one of our puppies from our last litter will be heading for the show this spring with her handler, we would like to meet others that love dogs, and clubs for dogs, my wife was a professional dog trainer for over 25 years and dogs are her life; so we are wanting to meet people that love dogs and of course other as well, I've a USAF vet. serving 6 years on the B52 and KC-135, in Thailand, Philippines, and many other place so always like meeting people from service, retired from the Federal Express and have owned my own business in restoration for many years, we came from Naperville Ill. 5 years ago and retired in KY, after 5 year we decided that the place is two big and need to down sizes not to the place is just to boring for us so we have decided to come to the villages, so we are starting to look around for a place to live and also to get to know others during this time so we know others somewhat we we get there, hope to sell our place fast.

thanks for reading and if this falls in the type of people that you like to hang with please let us know thanks again.

Geary and Danice our e-mail address is gearydanicehart@aol.com
http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for.../MOJE_whot.gif
Welcome to TOTV. You'll find lots of dog lovers in TV. There is an excellent huge private dog park here where you'll meet great dog people.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Default Dog Lovers

We are also lovers of those with four legs, furry bodies, wet noses and slobbery kisses. We have 3 pooches, labs and a bichon, so I am glad to hear that I can bring all 3. I did not know about that rule.