K9 Lovers new to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Gold member

Think you will have problems with five dogs.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Sage

Why don't we talk about where they are going to "POOP"
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geary View Post
Hi, my name is Geary and my wife is Danice, we are in KY now but are selling our ranch this spring and moving to the villages, we have 4 Irish setters which all have been show dogs and one of our puppies from our last litter will be heading for the show this spring with her handler, we would like to meet others that love dogs, and clubs for dogs, my wife was a professional dog trainer for over 25 years and dogs are her life; so we are wanting to meet people that love dogs and of course other as well, I've a USAF vet. serving 6 years on the B52 and KC-135, in Thailand, Philippines, and many other place so always like meeting people from service, retired from the Federal Express and have owned my own business in restoration for many years, we came from Naperville Ill. 5 years ago and retired in KY, after 5 year we decided that the place is two big and need to down sizes not to the place is just to boring for us so we have decided to come to the villages, so we are starting to look around for a place to live and also to get to know others during this time so we know others somewhat we we get there, hope to sell our place fast.

thanks for reading and if this falls in the type of people that you like to hang with please let us know thanks again.

Geary and Danice our e-mail address is gearydanicehart@aol.com https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo.../MOJE_whot.gif
Geary and Danice, Welcome to TOTV from a Chicago area TV wannabee (Schaumburg, n.w. suburb; I have a couple of coworkers who live in Naperville). Irish setters are beautiful dogs. TOTV is the place to come to ask questions about moving to and living in TV. Don't hesitate to ask questions as the knowledgeable people on this forum will give you information.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Sage
Default How many Dogs????

We don't have any dogs but we were told that each home can only have two dogs. If you are moving here with more than two, It would be worth your while to talk to a reliable source about bringing all of your dogs with you. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 PM

I do hope you visit for a week at least before you consider buying. Your dogs sound beautiful and well behaved, but many of the areas here would be very cramped with multiple large dogs. Dogs of that size need a lot of attention and have a lot of energy and there are only a few dog runs. It could prove to be difficult. One would certainly be able to manage 4 dogs here butwith a lot of effort Also make sure you have in writing you would be able to move in.

Last edited by createquilts; 09-18-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by createquilts View Post
I do hope you visit for a week at least before you consider buying. Your dogs sound beautiful and well behaved, but many of the areas here would be very cramped with multiple large dogs. Dogs of that size need a lot of attention and have a lot of energy and there are only a few dog runs. It could prove to be difficult. One would certainly be able to manage 4 dogs here butwith a lot of effort Also make sure you have in writing you would be able to move in.
I am not sure I would want to live next door to 4 or 5 Irish setters! I do like dogs and grew up with setters, and they are big dogs, with loud barks. They need room to run and exercise, and the yards are just not that big here. Think this through please and check with The Villages office for clarification first.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Gold member

I also believe you can only have 2 dogs. 5 would be a little to much for here in the villages.Not much room for them to roam.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 PM

We just moved to TV and have a 3 year-old Boxer (rescue) that loves to run. We checked out one dog park but it was very small. Would be great to know where the private dog park is located. Thanks!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.