No Wine Club in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2015, 07:28 PM
Default Yes seasonal residents can be involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindameyer53 View Post
Great idea- can seasonal people join??
There is no reason why a seasonal resident could not join the wine club.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredwms View Post
I am surprised that there is no wine club in TV.

An in-home wine club is fun and makes for a great social event. The makeup of a wine club is simple. A good wine club consists of twelve couples. Each month a different couple will host a wine tasting party. The host gets to choose the type wine to be sampled (Merlot, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, etc.) Each couple brings a bottle of wine from the host's selection in a brown paper bag. Each bottle is numbered and the tasting begins. Each person rates each wine tasted from 1-10 and places their rating in a bowl with the number of the bottle they sampled. At the end of the tastings the host will add up the points to determine the winning bottle and the paper bags are removed from the bottles. Often couples bring the same brand of wine and it is fun to see the different ratings for the same wine. Usually the host couple will serve a desert at the end of the evening. It is a fun monthly experience. I was in a wine club in the Northern California wine country for ten years and always looked forward to our monthly wine club meeting.

We are moving to TV in October and would love to form a wine club. No wines are sold, only tasted so TV should not object to such a club. Anyone interested in joining such a club please respond with a private message and we will put you on the list. Looking forward to our move to TV.

Fred & Suzie in the Temecula Wine Country, California
Would definitely be interested in a wine club.
Cheryl at cherylkudelka2@aol.com
Old 10-20-2015, 03:18 PM

We will be closing on 10/30 and would definitely be interested in joining the wine club! Cheers, Vicki
Old 10-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Would love to participate in a wine tasting club. Please contact with more info! Great idea!
Old 12-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Default The Villages Wine Club to organize in January

Happy Holidays to all wine lovers!

Six months ago I proposed forming a wine club in The Villages after arriving in TV from the wine country of California. I am happy to say we are here and enjoying golf and the lifestyle TV has to offer. Since snowbirds are still arriving, Suzie and I have decided to wait until January to begin organizing the The Villages Wine Club. We have registered our club on this forum and are pleased to say we have received a fantastic response from fellow wine lovers in TV.

In the past few months we have received many responses from eager TV residents to join the wine club. We are happy to announce we also have a sponsor from one of the best family owned wineries in California, Wilson Creek Winery. Wilson Creek Winery has a great selection of premium California wines and sparkling wines. As a club member of Wilson Creek Winery, we have been appointed as an ambassador of Wilson Creek Winery to share their wines with our future Villages Wine Club members.

We will contact everyone previously interested in our wine club next month to set a date for an organizational meeting. Anyone reading this announcement and not on our list, please contact me and I will add you to the our notice of setting up an organizational meeting in January.

Again, Happy Holidays to all.

Fred Williams and Suzanne Searson
Old 12-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredwms View Post
Happy Holidays to all wine lovers!

Six months ago I proposed forming a wine club in The Villages after arriving in TV from the wine country of California. I am happy to say we are here and enjoying golf and the lifestyle TV has to offer. Since snowbirds are still arriving, Suzie and I have decided to wait until January to begin organizing the The Villages Wine Club. We have registered our club on this forum and are pleased to say we have received a fantastic response from fellow wine lovers in TV.

In the past few months we have received many responses from eager TV residents to join the wine club. We are happy to announce we also have a sponsor from one of the best family owned wineries in California, Wilson Creek Winery. Wilson Creek Winery has a great selection of premium California wines and sparkling wines. As a club member of Wilson Creek Winery, we have been appointed as an ambassador of Wilson Creek Winery to share their wines with our future Villages Wine Club members.

We will contact everyone previously interested in our wine club next month to set a date for an organizational meeting. Anyone reading this announcement and not on our list, please contact me and I will add you to the our notice of setting up an organizational meeting in January.

Again, Happy Holidays to all.

Fred Williams and Suzanne Searson

That sounds great, but what does having this winery as a sponsor entail? Would the club be restricted to their wines?
Old 12-18-2015, 04:34 PM

Count us in, ditto on the PM with contact info when you get settled. Welcome to the Villages
Old 12-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Default The Wine Club is open to all wines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
That sounds great, but what does having this winery as a sponsor entail? Would the club be restricted to their wines?
In previous posts I have outlined the general function of a wine club. The monthly host chooses the type of wine to taste, not the brand. Each member chooses their own brand to include in the tasting competition. Our affiliation with Wilson Creek Winery simply allows us to include the introduction of their wines as an added attraction to the social function. We also will have special food paring broadcasts from Wilson Creek available from time to time. Based on the volume of interested wine lovers, there will be several different wine groups meeting monthly in the Village Wine Club. Each group should have no more than 12 monthly hosts to allow each member to share in hosting a monthly get together for their individual group. This allows the wine club to continue growing while remaining a fun social function. In my Las Vegas wine club, we had karaoke, fun games, a blackjack tournament and music entertainers to name a few as part of the evening presented by the monthly host. I always looked forward to the next month's wine tasting meeting.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:28 PM

My wife and I will be there from 1/16 thru the end of February and would like to be included in this! Hopefully later in the year we will be full time residents in the TV!! We will be in Tamarind Grove, and think this is a great way to meet fellow villagers!! Please add us to your list! Can't wait.....
Old 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Default Wine Educator moving to The Villages

I'm moving to The Villages in Feb 2016. I have 35 years experience in the wine retail business, and have hand sold millions of dollars worth. Would definitely be interested in a wine club, or giving my Wine 101 Introduction to Wine class. Happy to converse with anyone else interested.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Default Your Experience would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Skolits View Post
I'm moving to The Villages in Feb 2016. I have 35 years experience in the wine retail business, and have hand sold millions of dollars worth. Would definitely be interested in a wine club, or giving my Wine 101 Introduction to Wine class. Happy to converse with anyone else interested.
We plan on setting up an organizational meeting in February once all the snowbirds have arrived for the winter. It would be a pleasure to talk to you and get some ideas. Send me a PM.

Fred
Old 01-30-2016, 06:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

There are 4 Somm's that I know of, that live in TV.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:17 PM

I believe we are on the contact list for a wine group. We live in the village of Gilchrest and are definitely interested. If you do not have our email, please send me a message.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:43 AM

I'm interested as well. If someone is organizing something, please PM me for my email address. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2016, 05:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I have not heard if there is a meeting yet, did I miss something?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.