Opinions re Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet0816 View Post
Pine Hills is in Lake County so your taxes will be higher. However, in Lake County you don't pay a bond, so in the long run it will probably even out. If you buy in Pine Hills and want a golf cart you should purchase a gas cart. Currently, there is little close by and if you want to go from Pine Hills to just about anywhere in TV, an electric cart will run out of the charge quickly. If you want to be in the center of TV, you should look at pre-owned in Mallory Square, Amelia, Caroline, Sable Chase, or Virginia Chase.

It is true that you don't pay a "bond" in Lake County. However, that does not mean that that you aren't paying the equivalent. The developer simply adds the bond equivalent to the cost of a home in Pine Ridge. This was well known before homes started being built there.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Pine Hills is in Lake County so your taxes will be higher. However, in Lake County you don't pay a bond, so in the long run it will probably even out. <snip>
The homes in Pines Hills and Pine Ridge DO have a bond. Your statement is true only in the older parts of TV that are in Lake County.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
You should visit here in February when the population doubles and see if you like not being able to enjoy the wonderful amenities the Villages offers because its so crowded. This would be what you really should consider.

Doubles? Really? Not hardly. In season it becomes more crowded, but you can still do everything you wish. Personally I enjoy seeing my seasonal friends again.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:02 AM

We have a home in The Village of Duval that is For Sale and we have gotten feed back from the showings. It is crazy that some say what they do. Like to far back in the village, hence no traffic on our street but they could not understand that. One said they did not like having to drive in past all those other ranch homes. One didn't like the water tower that they could see. So it is all a matter of opinion in my opinion, LOL. Here is where we are The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
Old 07-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

I second Justjim and 88keys comments. We just moved in to our new built home in Pine Ridge. We did our due diligence, bought a lot backing up to a pond so lot's of space, and decided building was cheaper than buying pre-owned. We LOVE the location. 10 minutes by cart to Colony or 5 minutes by car. Less than 3 miles from Pinellas ( library and more shopping). 15 minutes to Sumter by cart or 8 minutes by car. Belle Glade, Bonifay, and Evans Prairie all an easy drive. New Moyer Rec Center less than 5 minutes by cart plus neighborhood pool 2 minutes away! No "dump" smells and let's get serious about taxes. Are they higher than Sumter or Marion counties? Yes, BUT, my guess is that rate will go down in a couple years due to the inflow of more than double Lake County's tax revenue from the Villages development. And, as stated, it's tax deductible.

It's a great location, so come on down!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
I second Justjim and 88keys comments. We just moved in to our new built home in Pine Ridge. We did our due diligence, bought a lot backing up to a pond so lot's of space, and decided building was cheaper than buying pre-owned. We LOVE the location. 10 minutes by cart to Colony or 5 minutes by car. Less than 3 miles from Pinellas ( library and more shopping). 15 minutes to Sumter by cart or 8 minutes by car. Belle Glade, Bonifay, and Evans Prairie all an easy drive. New Moyer Rec Center less than 5 minutes by cart plus neighborhood pool 2 minutes away! No "dump" smells and let's get serious about taxes. Are they higher than Sumter or Marion counties? Yes, BUT, my guess is that rate will go down in a couple years due to the inflow of more than double Lake County's tax revenue from the Villages development. And, as stated, it's tax deductible.

It's a great location, so come on down!

Well said. [emoji106]
Old 07-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithreeputtoo View Post
We have a home in The Village of Duval that is For Sale and we have gotten feed back from the showings. It is crazy that some say what they do. Like to far back in the village, hence no traffic on our street but they could not understand that. One said they did not like having to drive in past all those other ranch homes. One didn't like the water tower that they could see. So it is all a matter of opinion in my opinion, LOL. Here is where we are The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida

It's a beautiful home. Best wishes for a quick sale.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithreeputtoo View Post
That is a lovely home. Why are you selling? Are you moving within the Villages or away?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Angry

Pine Hills has some issues that the developers just don't see.
First of al,l say you buy a lot close to the dog park and want to play golf on the 4 executive golf courses, or llive on the North end of moyer loop by the new recreation center, and want to play Belle Glade.

They did not put a golf cart trail from the closest street through that would connect up to Pope Drive getting to the 4 golf courses or vice versa. I saw a perfect place for an easement, as the street closest to the dead end street could have an easement dropping down to the next street, leading to Pope. If you don't do it now, it will make a lot of homeowners angry down the road.

Why in heavens name would you drive all the way around Moyer Loop, rather than having a small cutoff to get to the 4 clubs, or for that matter, just to Sarasota Golf Area and driving range, or down to Belle Glade.

Developers: It is not too late to put an easement in, leading from one street to another, to cut off a good 5 minutes or more travel time, not to mention the dangers of traveling on narrow Moyer Loop, when all the houses get put in, it will be a huge mistake, that should be taken care of now!

Secondly, have you noticed that it is a sea of homes, so different from the rest of the villages. What about golf views, or a park view. No, it is a sea of houses backing up to others. No parks or natural green areas that they could easily build. Has the almighty dollar gotten so important to the Morse family, that they forgot the original look to the Villages of greenery, parks, and trees intermingled with homes and tranquility. This is not the way people want to live. I beg of you the Morse family, Fix it now, before you sell all the lots off! Stop worrying about how much money you are making, and add some landscaping and beautiful parks or small garden areas to look at.

The fact that there are literally no trees on the South end. The Villages needs to add more trees not only to the golf courses but to the Villages themselves and the Dog Park. Such a shame. Do they really think people want to sit in the hot sun whether summer or winter, and bake on a bench, with no relief in sight for themselves or from the elements? And what about the pets? you know dogs love to sit in the shade under trees. Have you seen our dog park? Not a tree in sight. Such a darn shame, Someone just doesn't get it, do they?
Old 07-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Opinions re Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigal View Post
Pine Hills has some issues that the developers just don't see.

First of all, say you buy a lot close to the dog park and want to play golf on the 4 executive golf courses, or llive on the North end of moyer loop by the new recreation center, and want to play Belle Glade.

They did not put a golf cart trail from the closest street through that would connect up to Pope Drive getting to the 4 golf courses or vice versa. I saw a perfect place for an easement, as the street closest to the dead end street could have an easement dropping down to the next street, leading to Pope. If you don't do it now, it will make a lot of homeowners angry down the road.

Why in heavens name would you drive all the way around Moyer Loop, rather than having a small cutoff to get to the 4 clubs, or for that matter, just to Sarasota Golf Area and driving range, or down to Belle Glade.

Developers: It is not too late to put an easement in, leading from one street to another, to cut off a good 5 minutes or more travel time, not to mention the dangers of traveling on narrow Moyer Loop, when all the houses get put in, it will be a huge mistake, that should be taken care of now!

Secondly, have you noticed that it is a sea of homes, so different from the rest of the villages. What about golf views, or a park view. No, it is a sea of houses backing up to others. No parks or natural green areas that they could easily build. Has the almighty dollar gotten so important to the Morse family, that they forgot the original look to the Villages of greenery, parks, and trees intermingled with homes and tranquility. This is not the way people want to live. I beg of you the Morse family, Fix it now, before you sell all the lots off! Stop worrying about how much money you are making, and add some landscaping and beautiful parks or small garden areas to look at.

The fact that there are literally no trees on the South end. The Villages needs to add more trees not only to the golf courses but to the Villages themselves and the Dog Park. Such a shame. Do they really think people want to sit in the hot sun whether summer or winter, and bake on a bench, with no relief in sight for themselves or from the elements? And what about the pets? you know dogs love to sit in the shade under trees. Have you seen our dog park? Not a tree in sight. Such a darn shame, Someone just doesn't get it, do they?

Moyer loop will be a dangerous road for people driving carts. All the neighborhoods funnel onto Moyer with North and South Moyer the only entrance/exit. Moyer will be very very busy. Moyer including Hillsborough Trail should have had a multimodal.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:16 PM

I moved to Pine Ridge in Jan from CA. I wanted to choose the home and the lot and you can still do that here. I have a beautiful designer home on a beautiful retention pond.
The pine ridge pool rarely has more than a few cars/carts there, I don't believe the pine hills pool is open yet, and Moyer rec center opens Sept 2. If you want a family pool before then, Burnsed is a short trip down Morse, and if you go a bit further, there is Rohan Regional rec center that is gorgeous. Right down from Rohan is the new shopping center with the Publix already open, all golf cart accessible. While it is true that my street has both designer and cottage homes mixed in, the neighbors are equally nice regardless of home type. I don't think Ranch homes are being built anymore. Never smelled anything from a dump, and don't have any neighbors complaining. In short, I love it here and I'm sure you will find plenty of people who actually live here that feel the same.
Good luck in your home search!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Pine Hills is in Lake County so your taxes will be higher. However, in Lake County you don't pay a bond, so in the long run it will probably even out. If you buy in Pine Hills and want a golf cart you should purchase a gas cart. Currently, there is little close by and if you want to go from Pine Hills to just about anywhere in TV, an electric cart will run out of the charge quickly. If you want to be in the center of TV, you should look at pre-owned in Mallory Square, Amelia, Caroline, Sable Chase, or Virginia Chase.
Sad to say but the new builds in Lake County, Fruitland park do have Bonds....plus higher fruitland park taxes.

Its a double wammy.......Just setting the record straight.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:38 PM

Agree.

We just bought new in Pine Ridge. I made it to Winn Dixie in Pinellas one Saturday night in 20 minutes in my gas cart. Yes it is stock speed. Late, so little traffic but still........not like living "off the grid".
Old 07-26-2016, 09:09 AM

Moving from Illinois to Pine Ridge, even if Lake County taxes are "higher", they feel like a bargain to me. Bond? Yes, there's a bond. Nothing different about that from anywhere else in TV. Golf cart access? Where is it written that golf carts are mandatory? As long as I can hold a driver's license, nothing is inaccessible. I drive in my air conditioned car instead of sweating it out in an open golf cart.

Bottom line, you make your own happiness. If you don't like what Pine Ridge offers... be happy someplace else.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdio45 View Post
Moving from Illinois to Pine Ridge, even if Lake County taxes are "higher", they feel like a bargain to me. Bond? Yes, there's a bond. Nothing different about that from anywhere else in TV. Golf cart access? Where is it written that golf carts are mandatory? As long as I can hold a driver's license, nothing is inaccessible. I drive in my air conditioned car instead of sweating it out in an open golf cart.

Bottom line, you make your own happiness. If you don't like what Pine Ridge offers... be happy someplace else.
Clawdio. . . I see you are from Bartlett; I'm from Schaumburg so we are almost neighbors. Yes, agree with you that property taxes in TV are a bargain compared to property taxes in Crook (oops, I meant Cook) County. Hope you are enjoying your home in TV; I hope to someday join you as a Villager.

Tags
pine, area, areas, opinions, purchase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.