Opinions re Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

We all have our reasons for preferring to live in a particular area. In our case, we do not want to have to turn left onto a 4-lane road just to check our mail. Since Moyer, Hillsborough, and Pinellas have two car lanes and two cart lanes, we consider them to be 4-lane roads.

That is why we ruled out Dunedin and Pine Hills and chose a lot in Osceola Hills.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigal View Post
Secondly, have you noticed that it is a sea of homes, so different from the rest of the villages.
Actually, to me it looks just like the rest of The Villages. Lots of homes and lots of activities.

Quote:
Have you seen our dog park? Not a tree in sight. Such a darn shame, Someone just doesn't get it, do they?
Even though I will never use the dog park, I agree with you. They should have built structures to provide lots of shade.

Quote:
The Villages needs to add more trees not only to the golf courses but to the Villages themselves
If you were an avid golfer, you would know that one of the most historic and respected courses in the world has no trees at all. You can read about it here and also see the movie.

Amazon.com: Tommy's Honor: The Story of Old Tom Morris and Young Tom Morris, Golf's Founding Father and Son (9781592403424): Kevin Cook: Books
Old 07-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Default Buying a home

After reading numerous responses it is important to decide what is important to you. Every location has something to offer. It is not uncommon for people to be moving to their third, fourth home. The Villages is extremely large and many choices. Until you get familiar with it, and the layout, it is overwhelming to say the least.
Pros and cons as to buying new and preowned homes. You need to also be aware of how the sun faces. Afternoon sun can make it impossible to enjoy your lanai. You might consider renting for awhile and taking your time in addition to talking to people. You also have the option of renting outside the Villages in the surrounding area. The more research the better decision you will make.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:18 PM

We also moved to Pine Ridge from Tamarind Grove, we find the distance to Lake Sumter Landing, and Brownwood to be about the same when traveling by golf cart. We are even closer to some shopping locations. We found a wonderful home that backs up to a nice retention pond and we love it.

After all what is the big hurry this is time to stop and smell the roses !!!
Old 08-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Ithreeputtoo;1259808]We have a home in The Village of Duval that is For Sale and we have gotten feed back from the showings. It is crazy that some say what they do. Like to far back in the village, hence no traffic on our street but they could not understand that. One said they did not like having to drive in past all those other ranch homes. One didn't like the water tower that they could see. So it is all a matter of opinion in my opinion, LOL. Here is where we are The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida[/QUOT

I think living near the water tower would come in handy if you get lost!
Old 08-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Its really a shame that the people who have purchased a home in Pine Ridge have to defend their neighborhood from other Villagers not living in the Pine Ridge Area. I say if you don't live there, why say all those nasty things.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Opinions re Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Its really a shame that the people who have purchased a home in Pine Ridge have to defend their neighborhood from other Villagers not living in the Pine Ridge Area. I say if you don't live there, why say all those nasty things.

///
Old 08-03-2016, 10:20 PM

Whew are coming from California also....buying in Osceola hills. Where in California are you from. We're from San Francisco Bay Area.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:22 PM

We are in Claremont a college town thirty miles directly east of Los Angeles. Not many Californians in the Villages as it is not heavily advertised there. We were referred by friends that happened to drive through while on vacation. Good luck with your move.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:39 PM

I live in Pine Ridge and LOVE it! We have just started a new social club that I am sure will be a hit. I think I am about half way between Sumter and Brownwood and an easy drive to 441. A small trip on Moyer Loop will put you at the brand new Neighborhood Market, owned by Wal-Mart grocery store. The brand new Moyer Rec Center. I cant think of anything not to like. And yes I heard a Baptist Church will be developing on the empty lot next to us.I also have to mention that I have the BEST neighbors!
Old 08-04-2016, 03:51 PM

In my opinion, you need to consider the cost of living there-i.e. higher taxes, how far the neighborhood is from the squares and the close proximity to Fruitland Park? If none of those concern you, then I'm sure you can find a good deal on a home. The best advice I got from my realtor back in 2011 was to talk to the residents.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

Well it take a while to evaluate it all.
May need at least two or three weeks here, visiting to get the whole story.
You can buy new or used, you can deal with the Villages, they rent a Villa to you and a golf cart and a bus tour to look around.
You can get the Sun Paper and will see Homes By Owner, By realtors, Executive, GRizzard, REmax etc.
First maybe just settle on the area, want to drive a bit while here or be close to a center, Sumter Landing, Brownwood or Spanish Springs?
The house size or Villa, only Villas have privacy fences, except I understand there are a few fenced units in Pine Ridge.
Take your time, and do not buy impulsively, you can make a mistake. And,,,,,,,,,,, Be Sure, take no one's word for anything, get a tablet, put it all in writing and have the other party sign a copy of your agreement,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BE CAREFUL. bbbbbb
Old 08-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Default Delighted residents in Pine Ridge

We are delighted residents in Pine Ridge. It is convenient to 4 exec golf courses and Belle Grade championship course. Additionally it is convenient to shopping at Colony and the currently being built Wal Mart Market Place (groceries). It has many active social activities including a new social club, several golf leagues, bocce and others. As another poster mentioned neighbors are very friendly which may or may not be the case in a more established neighborhood. Many people think their village is the best and the rest are subpar. You should specifically ask about things that are important to you to find your best match.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniceD View Post
I live in Pine Ridge and LOVE it! We have just started a new social club that I am sure will be a hit. I think I am about half way between Sumter and Brownwood and an easy drive to 441. A small trip on Moyer Loop will put you at the brand new Neighborhood Market, owned by Wal-Mart grocery store. The brand new Moyer Rec Center. I cant think of anything not to like. And yes I heard a Baptist Church will be developing on the empty lot next to us.I also have to mention that I have the BEST neighbors!

Welcome to TV. And best wishes for your continuing happiness here.
[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2016, 09:06 PM

We also love Pine Ridge! We made the move from Belvedere which by most is considered very popular due to the proximity of all the shopping areas. This area is just beautiful as you drive in by the golfing range and golf course. Also the convenience Colony and the Rec center is fantastic. We recently drove by the new Premier 1.5 million dollar homes in the Preserves at Pine Hills. Wow talk about a beautiful view of nature. I was a skeptic about moving to Pine Ridge but no more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
pine, area, areas, opinions, purchase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.