Our time finally here!

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Veteran member

Welcome and thanks for posting, Lpierleo and others. It warms my heart to hear everyone's happy stories.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Congrats to you. We have had our house on the market for 10 months without any serious lookers. We will make our move to TV as soon as we get a firm contract. We had hoped to be spending this Christmas in TV.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:32 AM

Thank you all, we are very excited!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:17 AM

anyone who thinks golf is free is very naïve.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Veteran member

My wife and I have take the tour of TV and stopped in one other time and plan on doing the life style preview thing next year. We're also looking at several other retirement communities in Florida but I'm convinced we'll end up in The Villages. My wife finds the size of the place a little overwhelming. I find the opportunities for non-stop fun irresistible!

Unfortunately, we have to wait until we retire in a couple of years. So I am officially jealous of y'all for either moving there now or having been there already! Leave us some room!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:57 AM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpierleo View Post
We have SOLD our home in New Your State. All inspections, appraisals complete. Buyers mortgage approved.
85% of furniture sold, the rest will be donated.
"Stuff" has been given away, tossed or donated.
Almost packed,(where in the world did I accumulate 3 boxes of shoes
Soon we will be heading down to become Frogs
It has been 5 long years with only very short lived vacations or intermediate snowflake visits. Plus, it's getting cold up North
Can't wait to begin our long awaited retirement.
We will see everyone soon! Hope to rekindle some old acquaintances and make many many new ones.
MY GOD! I thought this was ME writing this! We're doing the exact same thing! Getting ready now to put the house on the market and hope to be out of here (Maryland) by the end of the summer. Sellling or giving away EVERYTHING. Starting over. I feel like a hippie and its great! Best of EVERYTHING to you in your move. We're not far behind.
Dee & Tom Statham
Maryland
Old 03-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpierleo View Post
Sally, you are absolutely correct, will so dearly miss Wegmans, Bill Grays and Abbotts!
What? No Wegmans? What sort of fresh Hell-o is this place? Are the roads paved? How do you all survive? The struggle must be real. ;-)

I guess we will just have to see for ourselves when we come down in July for our Lifestyle Preview.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Welcome as well. We too are sitting in upstate NY, still 2 feet snow coverage, 28 degrees. Enough is enough! Moved my retirement date up to June, house goes on the market next week, then into the home we bought a year ago and have hardly seen. As far as Wegman's goes---used to be great, now it seems all they do is make more shelf space for their own brands, getting harder and harder to find the products we've used for years. At least we will escape for another visit in TV next week
Old 03-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Welcome to TV. It is an incredible place. I'll be sooooo glad when our home sells so I can join my wife there. Every day in KC is one less day in TV .
Old 03-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Smile

Closed on our place last month! Will be there FT next year at this time. In the meantime, sorting through things and downsizing. Plan to come down and start our next phase with very little!
Old 04-06-2015, 11:31 AM

HI! We are also in the process of moving to The Villages from New York State (Buffalo NY to be exact.....)! And YES, I will miss Wegman's...............but it's nothing compared to what I will be gaining by moving to TV! Woohoo!

Our house in Buffalo has been sold to our son, and he is closing on it at 2pm this afternoon. We are hopping on a plane on Wednesday to close on our new home in the Village of Hillsborough in TV Thursday (4/9/15), and plan to stay for a week to wrap up a couple of things. Then I fly back to Buffalo to finish out my last month of work, and we plan to pull in our driveway down there on Sunday 17 May 2015 as Full-Time Villagers! We are definitely going to be Frogs! YAY! Cannot wait to join all of you!

Best of luck to all of the other newbies on this site; let's hope our paths cross very soon!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.