Package delivery?

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Default Package delivery?

Hi all,
We are moving to the villages in one month, having purchased our house almost 2 years ago in Labelle.. It is presently being rented unfurnished through The Villages Hometown property management and has worked out really great. Now I'm retiring at the end of December and I'm so looking forward to moving!

Since I am furnishing a new home from scratch, (as we are keeping our northern home because my husband won't be retiring for at least another year. I will be a snowbird for now), I was wondering how The Villages handled packages. I realize that US postal packages come to the central mailbox location in a package locker. What happens if the package is too big to fit into a locker? And, what happens with UPS and FedEx packages? Do they leave them at the house or do we need to pick them up at a central location?

Thanks for your input, can't wait!
Judy
Old 12-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Welcome to TV. Over sized USPS packages are delivered to the home, FedEx, UPS, etc are also delivered to the home.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Sage

USPS: The postal worker will probably attempt to deliver to you at your house. If you aren't home to accept it, you probably received a notice to go to the PO (probably Lady Lake) and pick it up.

UPS & FedEx: They are going to leave it at your front door.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:28 PM

Thank you all! Anyone know if there is a Labelle social group?
Old 12-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Default TV Hometown Property Management

We also list our home through TV Hometown Property Management. We had over twenty different boxes of new items delivered including a 50 inch tv. We kept in contact with TVHT Property Management as we are on the west coast and they checked each day for packages. If something had been delivered they brought it into the house for us and this was during hurricane Matthew week.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, package, packages, retiring, location

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.