Parking Restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Default Parking Restrictions

Do The Villages restrict parking in residential areas? I have lived in a city in the past that did not allow parking on the street in front of your home overnight. Can you park in your driveway or must you park in your garage at night?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Sage

You may park in your driveway.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
Do The Villages restrict parking in residential areas? I have lived in a city in the past that did not allow parking on the street in front of your home overnight. Can you park in your driveway or must you park in your garage at night?
You can park in the street,in the driveway,or in your garage....
Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
You can park in the street,in the driveway,or in your garage....
Or you can comply with the spirit of the Deed Restrictions and park only in your driveway or garage.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Veteran member

No on street parking allowed in CYV neighborhoods.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Sage

From a May 2012 article by Diane Tucker, the VCDD's Administrative Operations Manager:

"I also am asked if vehicles are allowed to be parked on the streets. The streets are for public access. If a vehicle is parked on a street and impedes the flow of traffic, is a safety concern or has blocked your driveway or vehicles cannot get around it, call your local law enforcement and they will ask that the vehicle be moved if there is a safety concern.

Again, please be respectful of residents and visitors who travel our neighborhood streets. Park your vehicle in your garage or driveway and
concern of safety will not be an issue. If you have a recreational vehicle (RV), you may park the vehicle in your driveway for a period of 72 hours
for the purpose of preparing the vehicle for travel or upon return.
"

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.districtgov.org/PDFView/P...20120517000801

Bill
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
From a May 2012 article by Diane Tucker, the VCDD's Administrative Operations Manager:

"I also am asked if vehicles are allowed to be parked on the streets. The streets are for public access. If a vehicle is parked on a street and impedes the flow of traffic, is a safety concern or has blocked your driveway or vehicles cannot get around it, call your local law enforcement and they will ask that the vehicle be moved if there is a safety concern.

Again, please be respectful of residents and visitors who travel our neighborhood streets. Park your vehicle in your garage or driveway and
concern of safety will not be an issue. If you have a recreational vehicle (RV), you may park the vehicle in your driveway for a period of 72 hours
for the purpose of preparing the vehicle for travel or upon return.
"

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.districtgov.org/PDFView/P...20120517000801

Bill
You can park on the streets.As stated "the streets are public access,meaning "You"can park.You cannot block a driveway,If it impedes the flow of traffic,which they do not.Or, if other vechicles cannot get around,which they can. So Yes you can park on the street. Have been parking everyday going on 5 years. No tickets ,No problems. Thank You very much.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Sage

parking in the street with your driveway or garage empty is just plain rude to your neighbors.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
parking in the street with your driveway or garage empty is just plain rude to your neighbors.
Must be different where you live.We have great neighbors.We do not sweat the small stuff.Never could understand someone saying that is rude. Park it where you drive it,is my saying.Glad I am living here,rather than there.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
You can park on the streets.As stated "the streets are public access,meaning "You"can park.You cannot block a driveway,If it impedes the flow of traffic,which they do not.Or, if other vechicles cannot get around,which they can. So Yes you can park on the street. Have been parking everyday going on 5 years. No tickets ,No problems. Thank You very much.
Sometimes I wish you would step out of your anonymity. Talking to someone, sometimes makes it easier to understand them.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Must be different where you live.We have great neighbors.We do not sweat the small stuff.Never could understand someone saying that is rude. Park it where you drive it,is my saying.Glad I am living here,rather than there.
I agree with that, its just that where I lived up north most people did not park in the street nor on their yards. If that is what you came from I am sure it seems normal now.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Sage

Yep, have to agree - would prefer my neighbors not park in the street when they have an empty garage or driveway. Just looks nicer and makes travel on the street a little easier. I won't lose sleep over this, just my opinion.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Yep, have to agree - would prefer my neighbors not park in the street when they have an empty garage or driveway. Just looks nicer and makes travel on the street a little easier. I won't lose sleep over this, just my opinion.
I believe the vast majority feel the way you do, but no one would want to confront a neighbor not following that simple courtesy. You will always have a few that wish to set the rules for everyone else.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.