People from Ca. Living in TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Default People from Ca. Living in TV

I was wondering if there are very many people living in TV that came from Ca.We live in Blythe which is in the desert but came from San Diego County. Was the move a hard one. Are you glad you moved from Ca.?
Old 03-30-2014, 11:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There's a California club which I believe has well over 200 members. You'll find several Californians in TV, mainly from SoCal, but a few of us Northerners. Welcome aboard!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivergirl View Post
I was wondering if there are very many people living in TV that came from Ca.We live in Blythe which is in the desert but came from San Diego County. Was the move a hard one. Are you glad you moved from Ca.?
Hi, I sent you a very very loooooong private message responding to your questions to me. I hope I don't bore you, lol. There's just so much to tell you but in writing, its not the same as being here and seeing for yourself. When you get here, please let us know and we will definitely set up a meet and greet for you.

To answer your question, there is a California Club but I have not joined it, haven't had the time. I personally haven't met too many people from CA but there are quite a few. I will tell you, and so will Redwitch, you will not be happy with the quality of fruits and veggies here in FL compared to CA, that's a definite negative to me but I'll concentrate on all the positives and won't pay attention to the negatives.

Hope to see you soon.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

No argument from me about the fruits and veggies and be prepared to go in shock at the "farmer's markets" here -- little is actually locally grown. Even so, there is a lot of good here. As Kathie said, hurry on over. You'll have a blast!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM

Well where we are now we don't have a farmers market. We grow our own veggies right now. We just planted our garden today. Squash and tomatoes. We have a short growing season because of the hot summer months.

We are so looking forward to meeting everyone in TV. We need to get redy to play golf, but I will be back to TOTV tonight.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I just flew over from SNA yesterday, went shopping at the Colony Plaza Publix today, a busy, busy, pricey store. Not much stock of some of what I am used to buying (no salt peanut butter and no salt added canned beans), chili peppers, but when in Rome do as the Romans do. The weather today in TV was wonderful. I love seeing all the customized golf carts all over the place. Saw an old Cobra and T Bird, too, tops down, fun in the sun.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 PM

KathieI you don't bore me. I love all the information you have given me. Can you have a garden in TV or is it a no no with the rules?
Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 AM

Hey

I'm from southern California and I love it here, even the summers.

We also belong to the California Club, many Californians are leaving the state because of excessive tax's, high cost of living and population. However, we fell in love with the life style of The Villages.

We have met some very dynamic wonderful people here. You must see and experience The Villages to get the true nature of the community, there is nothing like this anywhere in the United States.

Our daughter and grandchildren live in southern California, we return frequently to visit, but we love The Villages. Our kid visited last year and was completely blown away by the place, she thought we were moving to gizzer-ville.

Plus the cost of living for us is much cheaper than southern California.

My best friend Alicia Soto is from Blythe.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:41 PM

J, It's nice to see that there have been some many Ca. people who love TV. I was a bit concerned about the climate change form Blythe. It is always so dry here . I have very dry skin and I am sure the humid weather would be a nice change.

Does your friend still live in Blythe?

Our kids live in S CA. so I am sure we will still be making trips to Ca. Our kids don't want us to move but I am thinking that if we make the move and they see how happy we are in TV they will change their minds.

I tried to find the Ca. Club but didn't find it. I'll keep trying.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Sage

We moved from San Diego County. Best move we ever made. We have made more real friends in seven years than all the time we lived in CA.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 PM

We have more friends at the campground we go to in the winter then we have were we live. The campground has lots of activities during the winter months when the snowbirds are there. The problem is I get bored where we live because there is no activities. It's so good to hear all the positive feed back.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:43 PM

We are "rainbirds" from northern California and have spent 4 winters in the Villages. There are many positives to the Villages but there are a few things that one will miss from California. We both enjoy all the activities and vibrant nature of the Villages. You will miss the fruits and vegetables are that are so common place in California. Also, the lack of diversity which is prevalent in California which makes it such a interesting State is not available here. One will also find that the left of center political attitudes are non existent here so that may be trying depending on your politics. We are thinking of establishing residency here but we will need to weigh these negatives against the positives of the Villages.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Veteran member
Default I'm from Ca too

I am also from California, raised in Woodland Hills and lived all over the Central Coast. I loved it. I was transferred to Kennedy Space Center back in 1991 and adjusted to the climate. Now I love it here. I agree about the fruits and veggies with the exception of the local citrus. It is fabulous. All they can grow here is warm weather veggies, so the cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are shockingly poor, but they are trucked for a week to get here. Buy frozen and enjoy the good things Florida and The Villages has to offer. Beautiful springs, state parks, green all year. I still get excited when it rains, we got so little in Ca. I am a charter member of the California Club and they just did a Santa Maria BBQ. I order my pinquito beans from Santa Maria where I lived for many years. Welcome to paradise. I am sure we will meet. Nancy
Old 04-10-2014, 01:22 AM

Hi fellow Ca. people. Ca. is in a terrible drought and that is scary. Looks like no watering lawns again. it's weird we live on the Colorado River and they have been releasing water more in the last couple of months than they did all last year. makes you wonder.

I am a Native Californian and will miss my home state but where we live now is not the lifestyle I want so looks like TV will be our new home. I am excited with all the activities and friendly people in TV.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:31 AM

Tennisnut I don't think I will have a problem with politics since I usually don't talk about it because I don't like to debate and that is what usually happens when politics is discussed. There is so much more to talk about.

Nancy I hope we will meet up. I was hoping that we would be in TV when your next get together was but we will miss it. We will be there may 7-12.

We are hoping to play golf, pickle ball and maybe a water aerobic class. Then look at homes.

My husband called a realtor to list our house. I was hoping for a visit first. I do think we will love it there. I know there will be adjustments as with any move. I want the TV lifestyle.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.