House vs. Villa

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to troubletog
Default House vs. Villa

Here's a questions for ya...
I've been told that the villas have lots of dogs because of the enclosed yards. I'm not really a dog person. do you find that there are less dogs in the ranches or designer homes than there are in the villas?
West Harwich, MA
Wilmington, NC
TV soon!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: House vs. Villa

So far as I can tell, it doesn't matter what kind of home. The majority of homes have dogs, frequently more than one. It is pretty rare to find households without some kind of pet. Most are small but there are some beautiful larger breeds that live here, too.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubletog
Here's a questions for ya...
I've been told that the villas have lots of dogs because of the enclosed yards. I'm not really a dog person. do you find that there are less dogs in the ranches or designer homes than there are in the villas?
There are two kinds of villas with their own various models. There's the courtyard villas (CYV) and the patio villas. The CYV has the enclosed backyard wherein it's more inviting for animal lovers to be able to let their pets run free. The patio villas are less expensive and some do have dogs which must be walked on a leash and therefore are not left outside for very long.

If you're looking for an inexpensive home, the patio villa is the way to go and I would suggest the best bang for your buck would be a resale. I purchased a resale (yr old home where owners were upgrading to larger home) colony patio villa and love it as it's inexpensive to maintain with two bedrooms and two baths with eat-in kitchen, huge living room and laundry in the garage. Perfect for hubby and me. We fit our sedan and golf cart in the garage; no problem. We do have another vehicle (van) that we park across the street where there's excess parking space.

Hope this helps in your thought process.....barb

PS: If you consider any resale home, you should know whether the bond has been paid; or, what the balance due is on the bond, as that amount is automatically transferred to you as the new owner. The fee is paid in increments, along with your RE taxes, or one has the choice of paying it in full as there is a finance charge if not paid in full.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Sage

In answer to your question about dogs.

As Redwitch said, it is rare to find a household without some type of pet. We were attracted to TV because they allow big dogs. Most retirement communities do not allow dogs over 40 lbs.

I would think Courtyard Villas are way more likely to have a dog or two because of the fenced backyards. I have a CYV and two dogs. Almost everyone on our street has dogs. However the dogs will be confined to their own Villa yards, and will not be trespassing on your property.

And I'm not implying that dog owners in TV without Villas let their dogs run free. They don't, as a rule.

BUT, if you don't like dogs, please remember this. Without fences, if there are dogs in neighbouring houses, you will be able to see them in the back yards. You'll be able to hear them (more readily than you would in a Villa), and perhaps even have them drop by for a visit.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:58 AM

From what I learned from just reading postings the courtyard villas have the fenced areas...we are only going to rent this summer and when we thought we would be taking our golden retriever with us, the fenced yard was important. Since then, we have a family member who will care for him at home and we will go to a Patio Villa - seemed that would be enough space for us to try out The Villages. I know I read somewhere that one of the Realtors has the floor plans posted of the different layouts - there is also a DOG PARK
in The Villages so I think people act responsibly as pet owners....hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:45 AM

Heres a thought few people think of. A fence for your "non CYV". If you have a house without a fence, you can install one rather inexpensively. Matter of fact you can do it yourself.
Most of the pet stores sell them for a couple hundred bucks I'm guessing. (Maybe more, maybe less). Just spade the ground around your property and make a small trench. Install the wires and presto, instant fencing for your dog.
Course your dog will have to wear the collar set up for that fence.
But it seems to me a much cheaper investment than walking your dog as I see so many people do all day long in the rain, heat, et al.

Jerry Jackson (Calumet Grove)

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
So far as I can tell, it doesn't matter what kind of home. The majority of homes have dogs, frequently more than one. It is pretty rare to find households without some kind of pet. Most are small but there are some beautiful larger breeds that live here, too.
WOW I must be in one of those rare households, and of the 14 ranch houses on our street of Ranch houses only 1 has a dog and there are also no dogs in the Ranch houses adjoining us on the next street. We also renting for 3 yrs in various Patio Villas (prior to buying our ranch ) and I don't remember more then a few villas with dogs in three separate areas. The ones we have seen have all been well behaved and quite. I do get the impression from various people that one of the attractions of a Courtyard Villas is convenience for a pet.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.