Question about Villages Sales Reps

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the responses all.

We ALREADY love it in TV and are absolutely going to buy, sometime between June 09 and June 2010, depending on how our 'readiness for retirement' debt repayment plan progresses. Since we most likely will not have our home in NoVA sold at the time we purchase (can you say underwater on the loan) we would have to qualify for both payments (plus fees etc) and before doing so I would want to have no other debt.

We did not want to go 'home' at the end of our Lifestyle visit.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Smile

I know most of the representatives are excellent and are not prone to high pressure their customers - not The Villages way! Every representative here genuinely loves the opportunity to show off our community and show guests everything we have to offer. (I did however, have a sales representative when we purchased that was less than helpful and is thankfully no longer with the sales office!) Based on first hand knowledge, I would recommend Alicia Ford and have heard only good things about the others mentioned. I do know that if you have any discomfort with a representative, changing to another is not a problem!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM

We had a very similar experience on our lifestyle visit. I'd almost bet we had the same sales rep.
If you want to compare notes feel free to send me a PM
Old 04-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Default Sales Rep

Our sles rep was wonderful. We did not buy the first time we visited the villages. But on our second visit and first lifestyle expeience we did. Our sales rep kept in touch with us by e-mail and couldn't have been more helpful. In fact everytime we visit our house we make a point to visit Kay Salerno. She has become a friend. shighsmi
Old 04-15-2009, 02:00 PM

My wife and I are working with Bob Knorr and Jackie Murphy as well. Our first visit was in 2003, met with them again in 2008 hoping to purchase early 2009. Economy put things on hold but Bob has been superb answering phone and email questions with remarkable patience and knowledge.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Goat View Post
Is this behavior common for the Sales Reps? I won't name the Rep

My wife and I visited on a lifestyle visit a while ago and prior to coming down I made it very clear (at least I thought I did) that we were not in a position to purchase yet. We wanted to look at the models, sample the lifestyle, answer some questions (villa vs SF, golf view, etc).

We accomplished most of that in the first two days, deciding we want a SF (can't live in a Villa), the Golf view was more important than a large lot for a pool, etc). When we arrived the first thing the rep did was ask "Still on the same time table (late this year, mid next). We replied unfortunately yes.

The rep (with whom we've been talking since 2006) is a very nice person, only this one seems to want to apply a lot of pressure to buy now. We viewed the models on Monday and I asked if we could see some available lots so I could get a feel for the golf view vs large lot not golf view etc. The rep seems to have misinterpreted this to mean we wanted to pick a lot - now. In truth, when we found out about the possibility of the up to one year delay in starting we were tempted and had a long, stressful discussion about it until 2am the night before we went to look at the lots - ultimately deciding that we still had to wait to make the commitment on our original schedule. But we NEVER indicated to the Rep a readiness to buy now.

Anyway, the rep had printed plots and placed the plan we liked with a pool/spa on them. The rep did a lot of work and I didn't expect that but appreciated it. After looking at the lots, which were very nice (we're so sad we couldn't buy now, but we can't). when I told the Rep we would buy now if we could, but just can't the Rep got really upset. Visibly angry when we were dropped off at the Sales Office the Rep left us muttering, in a less than friendly tone, "Come back when you're ready to buy." Not very pleasant parting. Since then the Rep has pretty much blown us off. The last day of our visit we wanted to take one last look at the model we settled on and take some measurements for planning purposes. We asked at the Sales Office in the morning if someone could just run us out there. When they offered to call our Rep we said not to bother them, couldn't someone just run us out there for 15 min. I assume the manager came out and told us they didn't have anyone available, but our Rep was free after 1pm the rest of the day. We reluctantly agreed to wait. The Rep calls us at 1:30 and said they are busy and couldn't get away until 5:30 (they knew we had to leave at 3:30 to catch our flight). Which I found a trifle odd given the manager's comments. I used to be a new home sales rep so I understand the desire of the rep not to miss new traffic, but I still think they could have spent 15 minutes with us.

My wife and I are no longer comfortable dealing with this rep.

Does anyone know 1) if they will switch reps for us and, 2) do you think this is fair of us to do (I understand they are on commission)?
We recommend Audrey Sullivan, we told her we were not ready yet. She spent hours with us with no pressure and she will be our agent when we are ready. Please tell her Larry & Beverly sent you.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 04-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Default Sales Reps

Bob Knorr and Jackie Murphy have been very good for us and after about three times looking they have helped us find the area and the type of dwelling we will buy.

Yes, we will make sure they are the ones we buy from since they have stuck with us for the last three years.

aj
Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM

We made a lifestyle visit in August 2007 and had Tarrant Potter as our rep. He was just fantastic. A credit to The Villages sales team. We hear from him from time to time, just checking to see if how we were, and couldn't be nicer or more patient. I can highly recommend him. When we are ready to buy, Tarrant Potter will be our guy.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts
Default Purchase Offer Proof

Does anyone know if the Villages sales reps are required by law to show proof the purchase offer was submitted to the buyer and signed off rejected ? In some states an official wriiten response if required back to the buyer within 24 hours of offer.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

I'm not sure if this is the answer to your question. But in my experience of buying and selling in NY they have 72 hours. Hope this helps, good luck.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 AM

I'm a realtor in SC and we have 48 hours to answer an offer. I think it is different in every state.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Gold member

If I understand it correctly, TV reps aren't licensed realtors, they are sales agents. Maybe they don't necessarily follow the same guidelines as realtors?

I know they don't show homes that are listed in the MLS, and vice versa for realtors showing homes listed by TV
Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

The Villages Sales Agents do have their Florida Real Estate License. They just work exclusively for The Villages. Being a Realtor means you are a Licensed Real Estate Agent and a member of the National Association of Realtors.

Last edited by Halle; 04-17-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 PM

Your information is not 100% correct. The State of Florida requires that any person selling real estate be licensed. Every sales representative with Properties of The Villages is licensed by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation - Division of Real Estate. You are correct in that TV representatives can not sell properties listed by outside companies, nor can outside companies sell properties listed by TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.