In Louisiana But Wishin' I Was In TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default In Louisiana But Wishin' I Was In TV

Just wanted to say hello to all those lucky enought to reside in TV and to all the other members of this site. I recently discovered The Villages while at home recovering from broken ankle/surgery and fell in LOVE with the place. Hopefully, I'll make my first visit there late fall or next spring to look for a CY Villa. I enjoy reading all your great info and am sure it will be most helpful when making plans to relocate there early in 2012! Time to get out of this place as Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Gustav Ike and now the BP Oil Spill are a bit too much to handle. (I live near Venice, LA.) I look forward to meeting all of you soon.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Sage

Hi there Susan G. Welcome to Talk of the Villages (TOTV). My husband lived in Buras years ago and did electronics on the offshore rigs. He ran the bowling alley in Buras while he was looking for work.

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home and join in the discussions while you are waiting to move to TV!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Sage

Hi Susan G:

I am a wannabee too, Welcome to TOTV.

Please check the "nuts and bolts" section for zcaveman advice. You will find it very informative.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
Just wanted to say hello to all those lucky enought to reside in TV and to all the other members of this site. I recently discovered The Villages while at home recovering from broken ankle/surgery and fell in LOVE with the place. Hopefully, I'll make my first visit there late fall or next spring to look for a CY Villa. I enjoy reading all your great info and am sure it will be most helpful when making plans to relocate there early in 2012! Time to get out of this place as Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Gustav Ike and now the BP Oil Spill are a bit too much to handle. (I live near Venice, LA.) I look forward to meeting all of you soon.
WAKE UP ALITTLE SUZY .......WE'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU....
KEEP IN MIND THAT 2012 MAY NOT BE THE BEST YEAR TO MOVE...BUT IF WE ARE ALL STILL HERE THEN COME ON OVER.............

FUMAR THE GREETER .....
Old 07-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks to both for the welcome.

Tell the hubby that the Buras bowling alley (and everthing else south of here) was lost when Katrina came ashore in 2005. The fishing is still out of this world, (or was until the BP spill) but housing there is mostly manufactured homes now. I am looking forward to moving to central Florida -- evacuations due to us being below sea level are a pain the older I get.

I'll also check out the "nuts and bolts" thread for info.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Sage

Hi Susan G,

We're glad you're here and keep posting. By the time you get here in 2012, you'll have already "met" some wonderful people right here on TOTV.

I suggest doing the Lifestyle Tour for your first visit. It usually includes a golf cart, a couple of bicycles, free meals at several restaurants in TV and a couple free rounds of golf. Also take the free trolley tour for a pleasant overview of TV.

Be sure to drink the kool aid. It comes in more flavors than you can imagine and is served everywhere in TV.

Look forward to meeting you one of these days!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Susan G,

We're glad you're here and keep posting. By the time you get here in 2012, you'll have already "met" some wonderful people right here on TOTV.

I suggest doing the Lifestyle Tour for your first visit. It usually includes a golf cart, a couple of bicycles, free meals at several restaurants in TV and a couple free rounds of golf. Also take the free trolley tour for a pleasant overview of TV.

Be sure to drink the kool aid. It comes in more flavors than you can imagine and is served everywhere in TV.

Look forward to meeting you one of these days!
Ok, what's with the kool aid?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
Susan! I don't blame you for falling in love with TV even BEFORE you visit there. It's everything you can imagine and more! Although not immune to catastrophes, I think that bubble around TV protects it better. We look forward to our escape, I mean, move from Louisiana too!

Trudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Ok, what's with the kool aid?
Salybow...That's a loaded question.

Just out of curiosity...What do YOU think of when you hear the phrase "drink the kool aid" ?

Trudy

Last edited by N'awlins Lady; 07-21-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Sage

Welcome, Susan G! Our timing for moving to TV is about the same - mid-2012. We can hardly wait.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
KEEP IN MIND THAT 2012 MAY NOT BE THE BEST YEAR TO MOVE
Fumar, whatchoo talkin bout???
Old 07-21-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Fumar, whatchoo talkin bout???
Take your pick from the 2 million+ 2012 Predictions and read all about it!

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...12+predictions

Trudy

Last edited by N'awlins Lady; 07-21-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Default Louisiana Club

There is a Louisiana Club in TV, about 300 strong.
Geaux Tigers
Old 07-21-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaZen View Post
There is a Louisiana Club in TV, about 300 strong.
Geaux Tigers
I bet that was one wild Superbowl party y'all must have had!!!

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? WHO DAT! WHO DAT!

Trudy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.